msjones
Cannot uninstall modules or make active/inactive
  • 2005/4/19 19:37

• msjones

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/18

After installing "debaser" I could not uninstall it or change the activity/inactivity of any module, nor uninstall any other module. Basicly..the modules admin is f***ed. I did not change permissions and I am pretyt sure that they are set correctly, just in case debaser changed them somehow upon installation. In fact it may not be debaser that caused it at all and could be just a coincidence. Here is what happened:

Installing modules and checking them out all is going well...I installed chatmx and checked it out, didn't think it was great for my site so I deactivated it and then went to install debaser...I did..and then installed it and checked it out. I decided that it is not what I need for my site either and went to deactivate it and uninstall the module. I went to modules admin and unchecked the box for debaser and hit submit and then submit again to verify that I indeed did want to deactivate debaser. The modules administration page came back and the box for debaser is still checked. I tried to uninstall chatmx since it is now deactivated and when I click submit I am asked to verify that I want to uninstall it and hit submit again and instead of uninstalling the module I am directed back to the module admin page where nothing has changed.

I have tried to delete the files manually and then get errors on my front page saying the module debaser is not found.

What caused this? How can I fix it? How can I prevent it from happening again?

Please help me ... thanks...in advance.

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits