Housefly
Re: NewBB 2.0 editors (How to use)
  • 2005/4/15 10:26

• Housefly

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/29

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
Once the editor is installed and configured correctly, go to the newbb forum admin page. In the upper lefthand corner click on "Module Settings" fourth line down "Form Options""Form options that users can choose when posting/editing/replying." make sure that the FCK editor is selected for use there.

HTH.

Thanks for your quick response... but I did everything I could... I even placed new forumform.nic.php at newbb/include/ folder and and xoops_version.php at newbb (newbb is version 2.0.2).

I've tried with Spaw and FCk but both are not making any difference to DHTML...

1st edit: I have placed Spaw & FCk editor folders at /class/ folder.
Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
Once the editor is installed and configured correctly,

HTH.

Is there anything to configure? I have GD2 library installed too.

jdseymour

So when you select the installed editor from the dropdown list in the forum, the editor does not change?

Housefly
  • 2005/4/15 10:40

• Housefly

• Just popping in

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
So when you select the installed editor from the dropdown list in the forum, the editor does not change?

It changes in terms of the option inside (to Spaw, fck or htmlarea) but the content doesn't change, I mean the editor (page outlook) doesn't change.. the change took place was same as dhtml.

jdseymour

I have only experience with koivi and htmlarea. But I would say this is a editor configuration problem. Recheck the install documents that came with the editor and make sure you have completed all steps. If any template files have been changed (such as with koivi) the system module needs to be updated also.

HTH.

Housefly
  • 2005/4/15 11:15

• Housefly

• Just popping in

Thanks for your help and prompt replies. I will..

terrion
  • 2005/5/23 9:43

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

I'm having the same exact problem.

Installed newBB successfully and everything is fine. But, when trying to add the Koivi editor, regardless of what I try, I only see the default dhtml editor that we know and love

I've copied the system_imagemanager.html file to .../system/template and updated the system module. Cleared cache files, deleted everything in templates_c...

Anybody have a suggestion?

terrion
  • 2005/5/23 10:08

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

This just keeps getting better. Installing the wysiwyg editor class actually fixed several problems I was having with News 1.3

I have to assume the class is installed correctly at this point. But still can't get Koivi to work with newbb 2.0.2

jdseymour

Have you made the editor selectable in the Newbb module preferences?

terrion
  • 2005/5/23 10:16

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

Yes I did. Even had spaw, and a couple others selected. Backed it off to where only the dhtml and Koivi editors were selected.

Even tried with Only the Koivi selected.

Does the xoopseditor class have to be installed? (for grins I'm pushing it up to the server now.)

terrion
  • 2005/5/23 21:11

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

Just notice the hour hand has made it all the way around the clock. Thought I'd try for a bump, and new set of eyeballs on this one.

I'm having the exact same problem as the one who started this thread. newBB 2.0 is working flawlessly, but just can't seem to get the Koivi editor to work, no matter how many times I go through the steps.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this. (details are in the thread.)

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits