soconfused
Restoring a database.
  • 2005/4/11 18:26

• soconfused

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/2 1

Hi,
I recently switched to XOOPS 2.0.92 (using the phpbb forum module. I like XOOPS it offers more than phpbb can.
I previously had a phpbb2 standalone board. I used the database transfer script by Koudanshi to transfer my members, topics & threads over to xoops.
I installed the backpack module and backed up my XOOPS db and saved it.
The next day the server that my site is hosted on had a hard disk failure which also destroyed the backup they had made of my site. They've tried to restore my site from the database that I saved but it won't work although the first page displayed I was not able to log in (it said I was logging in but there was no admin menu and the login box was still there, and the phpbb module won't work even though it has been reinstalled (by the servers technicians). If you clicked on "message board" it gave the following error message:

General Error

Could not obtain user/online information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'u.user_allow_viewonline' in 'field list'

SELECT u.uname, u.uid, u.user_allow_viewonline, u.user_level, s.session_logged_in, s.sess_ip FROM xoops_users u, xoops_session s WHERE u.uid = s.session_user_id AND s.sess_updated >= 1113214296 ORDER BY u.uname ASC, s.sess_ip ASC

Line : 125
File : /backup/home/"mysite"/public_html/xoops/modules/pbboard/includes/page_header.php

After that it was just a blank page.

I've given all these details to my hosts technical support, and I've even suggested that I should do a clean install of XOOPS and load on the modules etc that I had previously and then restore my database that I had saved. To me that sounds like the quickest way of getting my site back up but they are saying that it should only be done as a last resort.

Meanwhile my site has been down now for 2 days - and I'm getting more frustrated by the second. They've told me not to change, alter, do anything to the site untill they've finished trying to restore it. I'm very worried that I'll loose my members especially as my site is only a few month old. Any advice greatly appreciated.

soconfused
Re: Restoring a database.
  • 2005/4/11 21:19

• soconfused

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/2 1

Have now been told by the host that all data is lost, I still have sql files from my previous phpbb2 standalone forum, does anyone out there know how I can somehow extract the data & import it into XOOPS so I can at least salvage something.
I know very little about sql, is there a way? (with simple step by step instructions)

Solved

Ignore host - re upload everything you had on before and restore database through admin panel if you have backpack module

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits