jamboree
How can I bug check my system to see why the counter doesn't work?
  • 2005/4/7 20:53

• jamboree

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/25

Hi,

I have a problem whereby all counters on my site (www.grandz.net/dragonfly/) undercount the actual visitor numbers andsubsequently all the other stats. I use PHP stats which functions fine (as do the other XOOPS based module counters) apart from the fact that it undercounts - it seems to count registered users only.

Is there a programme or feature i can use to check the database for irregualrities in permissions or recognition of users as anonymous, registered etc?

At the moment, i can't find the root cause. If i could be pointed in the right direction or had a tool to root out the database (or other) error I could assess whether I have to start all again.

In the event i start again (my backups may have also backed up the problem) - is there a way i could store critical info (say wfsection pages & piCal events etc) and just reinstall to a blank site without having to install all the old permissions or core code again?.

Hoping someone can help me cause my business progress is stuck without it.

thanks to you all out there for your hard work. XOOPS rules
Jamboree

JamesSAEP
Re: How can I bug check my system to see why the counter doesn't work?
  • 2005/4/7 23:13

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

Try using the Debug Mode...

Admin -> Preferences -> General Settings -> and select the "Debug mode".

jamboree
  • 2005/4/8 7:04

• jamboree

• Just popping in

Thanks,

I did an sql debug and this came up:

SELECT * FROM dragonfly__config WHERE (conf_modid = 0 AND conf_catid = 1) ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT sess_data FROM dragonfly__session WHERE sess_id = '00bff059f5969143af9e14ea765cb547'
SELECT * FROM dragonfly__users WHERE uid=1
SELECT * FROM dragonfly__modules WHERE dirname = 'system'
SELECT * FROM dragonfly__modules WHERE dirname = 'system'
SELECT * FROM dragonfly__configcategory
SELECT * FROM dragonfly__group_permission WHERE (gperm_name = 'module_admin' AND gperm_modid = 1 AND (gperm_groupid = 1 OR gperm_groupid = 6 OR gperm_groupid = 7 OR gperm_groupid = 9 OR gperm_groupid = 10 OR gperm_groupid = 11 OR gperm_groupid = 12 OR gperm_groupid = 14))

Total: 7 queries

Blocks
Total: 0 blocks

Execution Time
XOOPS took 0.0577380657196 seconds to load.

I suspect the permissions and user ID to be the cause of the problem ... anyone atound that can read the above and see anomalies?

many thanks
Ben

jamboree
  • 2005/4/8 21:17

• jamboree

• Just popping in

Let me clarify... my system:
Operating System Linux grandz.net 2.4.20-8 #1 Thu Mar 13 17:54:28 EST 2003 i686
Webserver Apache/1.3.28 (Unix) PHP/4.3.3
Php version 4.3.3
MySQL version 3.23.54

I remember executing an sql command in the SqlMyAdmin database that related to group permissions... perhaps thats why the site has 2 abnormal functions:

1. counters do not tabulate properly
2. Group permissions automatically add registered user permission to view a block that only the webmaster should be able to see.... in other words... when i change a block (in webmaster view), these changes are automatically applied to the settings for the Registered Users & blocks in that view mode AND to the Group permissions for that block.

perhaps somewhere, the site became confused between permissions and recognition of different users. The sql debug messages above were from the home page on my site under my login.

hope someone out there can see the potential problem and advise of a course of action.

my site ishttp://www.grandz.net/dragonfly/

many thanks xoops
J.

Mithrandir

Note that group permissions for block access is not controlled in system admin -> blocks, but in system admin -> groups -> [select group]

The drop-down in blocks admin is purely a filter and does not set any permissions.

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits