Peekay
WF-Sections 2.07 beta 3 problems
  • 2005/4/7 17:30

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I had been test-driving WF-S 2.07 b1 on XOOPS 2.0.7.3. Everything seemed to work, except I had a problem with displaying the author's email address.

No matter what options I selected in XOOPS user profile, or the WF-S prefs, the email address appears with the article title AND a link to it in the 'author info' block.

I just installed 2.07b3 on XOOPS RC release. Sadly the author's email still appears alongside article title, but now the text 'The Email was hidden' appears in the author info block. I changed all the prefs, but no joy.

I can hack the template to remove the code, but it's a nice feature I would like to get working if possible.

Bigger problem is - section document images don't show.

MySQL 4.0.18 / PHP 4.3.8 / Globals on.

Peekay
Re: WF-Sections 2.07 beta 3 problems
  • 2005/4/7 19:05

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

And... it appears that the folders:

images/logos/thumbs
images/article/thumbs

are missing from the source files. WF-S also needs:

xoopsdir/uploads/thumbs

which ain't there either? I've created all and reset permissions but still no document images.

Peekay
  • 2005/4/8 0:06

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

O.K., so now I have installed the older, WF-S 2.07 b1 onto XOOPS 2.0.10 RC and it all works... sort of!

The email address normally shown next to the article title now hides correctly if you choose that option in the WF-S prefs. If you want, it will even display a spider-resistant 'protected' version, e.g. me@mynet dot com.

However, unfortunately in the author-info block, the email link is still there.

Good news is... document images now work.

Before I abandon the later beta, is anyone running WF-Sections 2.07b3 on XOOPS 2.0.10 RC without the document images issue? I accept it could have been a result of me not spotting the missing folders and creating them prior to installing. Although that does need to be addressed by the WF teamsters before the final release.

If anyone can give me a pointer to get rid of the pesky email link in the author-info block in tandem with hiding the one next to the article title, I would be extremely grateful.

Peekay
  • 2005/4/8 21:02

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Everything was looking good with WF-S beta1 until I tried to change permissions and got the following error.

Quote:
UPDATE xoops_wfs_permissions SET adminrights = '1', paths ='1', moderator = '1', newsection ='1', downloads ='1', editarticle = '1', deletearticles = '1', restore = '1', templates = '1', createarticles = '1', docapprove = '1', mimetypes = '1', reviews = '1 2', docstats = '1', doclinks = '1', indexpage = '1', importdoc = '1', uploads = '1', in file modules/wfsection/include/functions.php line 41

So I uploaded the latest version of functions.php from the WF site and... the document images dissapeared again!

I *am* gonna post this over at wf-projects, this is just a last bump here to see if anyone is running the beta 3 with the XOOPS RC and is familiar with this problem?

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits