CCUGhost
False update ??
  • 2005/4/6 10:51

• CCUGhost

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/28

updating from 2.0.9.3 to 2.0.10 RC
yesterday I downloaded the update from 2.0.9.3. to 2.0.10.RC and followed the instruction carefully. After updating the system tells me that it is version 2.0.10 Beta 3.

Did I miss something ??
Resized Image

Rickb
Re: False update ??
  • 2005/4/6 17:54

• Rickb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/24

This is a dev issue with the management of XOOPS. On some things they seemingly are not concerned on fixing. Lack of good management the product always suffers. They can not seems to get the version correct without the user having to peek at a script to see the correct version. So yes, the footer of each XOOPS page will most likely display the wrong version even after a new install. This is really encouraging.

Rick

CCUGhost
  • 2005/4/7 8:26

• CCUGhost

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/28

Well I´m not complaining
Considering the amount of money I´d had to pay for this great piece of CMS .

I´m very satisfied. It´s a minor problem that it displays the wrong versionnumber. I was just wondering...

Thanks to all the hard working people who participate in developing this great great product...

Mithrandir

Quote:
So yes, the footer of each XOOPS page will most likely display the wrong version even after a new install

each XOOPS page? depends on the theme, I'd say.

Rickb, if the version number showing in the admin page is the biggest problem, you have encountered with XOOPS, I'm happy for you.

The version number is located in a single file with that single line and it is unfortunately easily overlooked when updating the package. Generally, the last thing we do before packaging is update the version number, then commit to CVS and export it from the CVS server. Earlier on, there used to be a small delay that resulted in not all changes making it to the package. This delay is now eliminated by SourceForge so all that is left is the human error proneness which we are working on - but we are but humans...

Login

Who's Online

138 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 138

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits