Pheagey
Mainfile.php write problem with Apache2. (Not IIS)
  • 2005/4/3 21:30

• Pheagey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/13

Hello,
Im trying to install XOOPS 2.0.1.0 on a machine running Apache 2.0.53, PHP 4.3.11, and MySQL 4.0.24 on WinXP . I've checked the file permissions (777) and I've checked the files properties (Read-Only is OFF).
(PHP globals are on also.)
As Im going thru the install I get green lights on Step three, on step four I enter all the correct information (username, password, the physical path, and the URL are all correct). Yet on step six I get the all powerful:

"Could not write into mainfile.php. Please check the file permission and try again."

This has only started when I reinstalled all my server software (upgraded everything). Anyone know whats going on? I really like XOOPS and want to use it for multiple sites but if I cann't get thsi fixed I may have to look elsewhere.

Thank you for the assistance.

Pheagey
Re: Mainfile.php write problem with Apache2. (Not IIS)
  • 2005/4/4 3:14

• Pheagey

• Just popping in

A little more information that might help:
1) I went back and tried to install XOOPS 2.0.7.3- it was the last version that installed with nio problem. Well, now I get the same problems as the 2.0.10.0 version.
2) I check my error logs and get errors about template.php and header.php missing.
3)I also tried adding the IUSR on the folder as an account with share permission; nothing.

Anyone have any idea whats wrong here?

brash
  • 2005/4/4 5:06

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

You have two levels of permissions, NTFS and share level. I don't know the workings of Apache that well, but the problem you'll be having will more than likely be just permissions based. Ensure all your NTFS permissions are set, and you might even want to try a permissions reset.

Pheagey
  • 2005/4/4 9:00

• Pheagey

• Just popping in

exept When I iinstalled WinXP I kept the FAT32 file system. It is not a NTFS system yet.
O, and I have the permission for the folder set to Everyone. I'll try the permission reset and see if that helps.

Anyone? Any ideas?

ismael_linux

And anyone here knows how to setup the permissions in the win xp?...its not with the atrrib I had tryed this...how can I do this????

Login

Who's Online

323 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 323

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits