jamboree
Bizarre Counter Problem - A Challenge
  • 2005/4/3 20:11

• jamboree

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/25

Hi,

I run XOOPS 2.0.6 on Apache SQL. I've tried to get multiple counter programes working on my site but all of them fall prey to an 'undercounting problem' - i tested this live with a friend who came to the site as an anonymous user and the counter (php.stats - a very extensive stats gatherer) did not tick over. When my friend logged into my site it also faied to count. It does count sporadically but i suspect it is counting registered users visits only at best and perhaps not all of those. We have identified the problem as NOT residing in the modules / php programmes used to count but perhaps an sql error in the database - we've been trying to solve this for over 8 months without luck.

The only thing i can think of related to this is that i have a quirk in my groups settings whereby when i add a new block as webmaster, registered users get automatically added to the list that can see the block (should only be webmasters). My Blocks listing page also defaults to the registered users filter not webmaster as required. I suspect some sql error in group permissions.... although this is at best a stab in the dark as i am a content manager rather than a programmer. Database work is still a fairly new and potentially dangerous task for me.

If anyone out there can think of a possible reason and solution for these problems i would of course skip cartwheels across fresh snow naked and smear myself in peanut butter as payment and celebration!

My site is www.djtaiwan.org (counter center bottom on the english site home page -http://www.grandz.net/dragonfly/)

Many thanks in desparation,
Jamboree

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits