mactoeknee
Newbb2 upgrade problem

After a lot of hassle, I managed to get my newbb2 upgrade at least working. It's quite a pain to get it all reconfigured if you have a lot of forums and a lot of different user groups to give permissions to.

In any case, after finally getting it to work, Some icons are not showing up, instead just some code. I have put an image of how it appears at http://stroseschool.net/images/xoops.jpg

In addition, when I click to delete a post, I get a page with the center block blank white, and the post is not deleted when I go back to the forum. No error, just a blank white center block.

Resolving these two issues will put my mind at peace this weekend. Anyone to help?

Thank you much...

Mac T

jdseymour
Re: Newbb2 upgrade problem

Sounds like you have the 2.01 release of newbb 2. It had a few bugs that were fixed in the 2.02 version. Make sure you have the latest version and upgrade the module.

Note: after upgrade to 2.02, the module will still report in the modules admin as 2.01.

mactoeknee

I appreciate your response, but I don't think that's the problem, unless there is a file incorrectly marked in the dev site-- my downloads window in Firefox confirms I downloaded "XOOPS2_mod_newbb_2.02.rar"

By the way, I checked out your flash tutorials after the upgrade went awry to make sure I had done everything right (I had). Excellent job on those!

Any other ideas?

jdseymour

Would you be using a cloned template set. It could be that the templates need to be updated. The upgrade will update the default template set, but if using a cloned set they must be updated manually.

mactoeknee
  • 2005/4/2 14:11

• mactoeknee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/26

I think you're on to something there-- I am using default.backup - and on the templates page, it says:

Forums [List (13)]

which I understand means the templates need to be updated, however, clicking to list them shows none that need to be updated-- all have only Edit, Delete, and Download options.

I still don't understand this template system. If I delete some, can they automatically be regenerated, or do I have to upload new ones? Or re-clone?

I can't recall why I cloned the default set, but I recall reading it was advised to do for some reason.
Thanks again for any help.

Mac T

jdseymour

To update the templates, delete then regenerate them.

mactoeknee
  • 2005/4/2 14:50

• mactoeknee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/26

I did that, and it solved the appearance problem, big THANKS. The template list continues to have a red "13" by the forums as before, but I am not going to worry about that today, since everything is working. I'll understand the template system better someday. I re-read the documentation on the templates, and that does not indicate what to do in such a case, but as they say in German, "Kommt Zeit, kommt Rat" which means in this case, "I'll figure it out eventually."

Thanks again.

jdseymour

Yes it is hard for the developers to cover every possible problem and solution in the documentation. And sometimes English is not the developers first language, makes it even harder. But as you said learning what to do ultimately comes with experience. Glad it works now anyway.

Login

Who's Online

494 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 494

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits