xb00t
User 'xxx' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 90000))
  • 2005/3/26 22:48

• xb00t

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/19

My site crashes now and then giving my this error when trying to access PHPmyAdmin
Quote:
#1226 - User 'xxxx' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 90000)

I searched for a solution but I couldn't find anything particular. My site looses all connections with the Db. I can't see the news, I can't log-in. Everything else is ok.

Can this be this problem be resolved in any way?

karuna
Re: User
  • 2005/3/26 23:14

• karuna

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/29

ask ur host admin to add the max_questions limit value.(or abolish this limit)

and cache the modules & blocks will also reduce the sql query.

or....change a host~~

toddherrold
Re: User

these are all reasonable actions to take. I have this problem but my host has a limit of 50,000 per hour or some time increment like that. I asked them to increase it and they were not very responsive. I will definitely consider switching hosts, because this problem happens all the time now that I have a decent amount of web activity (like 10 users at a time).

But my question is: what is a reasonable level of db queries for xoops? I cached all the modules and blocks that I could, but many modules and blocks don't function correctly when cached, so there is a limit to how much you can push on that lever. This happens a lot when I am editing the site or adding content, but I can't imagine hitting 50,000/hour with such regularity.

Also, see this post:

max_questions resource limit exceeded

Login

Who's Online

299 user(s) are online (175 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 299

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits