senzaciona
WebmailFX module problem
  • 2005/3/26 18:23

• senzaciona

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/6 1

i install webmailfx_1.0RC2b module. Everything was installed ok. Then i try to create a New Mail Account but when i click in add account new account is not created.

why that?

jdseymour
Re: WebmailFX module problem

Go into the admin Control Panel. Put your cursor over the webmailfx icon on the lefthand side. Choose and click on properties on the popup menu. Change the example settings on this page to the actual settings of your cPanel email account.

HTH.

senzaciona
  • 2005/3/26 20:41

• senzaciona

• Just popping in

did you mean CPanel Domain (without the www part). Now is testing.com.

CPanel POP Server
CPanel POP Server Port
CPanel Domain (without the www part)
CPanel Username
CPanel Password
CPanel Theme
CPanel size of allowed mailbox (Value is in Mb)

What i must enter here. I don't have cpanel in my linux. I use hotmail for my webmail account?

I want that other users can use theri own mail in my site and look their messages in their accounts.

jdseymour

Yes, all of that needs to be entered correctly for it to work. What you mention sounds right for the settings. You may need to check with your hosting provider if not sure.

HTH.

senzaciona
  • 2005/3/26 20:47

• senzaciona

• Just popping in

my hosting provider also doesn't have cpanel. It has his own pannel not cpanel.

jdseymour

From my understanding webmailfx only uses cPanel at this time.

Maybe a future version can support other control panels, but that is up to the developers. Sorry.

senzaciona
  • 2005/3/26 20:55

• senzaciona

• Just popping in

thnx for answering. Yes then i can't use that webmail. Which webmail can i use now for my xoops.

Do you know for some bceouse i need one.

Thnx

jdseymour

My experience is only with webmailfx, but in this category in the Module Repository are others to try.

Maybe someone else has others that they use.

senzaciona
  • 2005/3/26 22:02

• senzaciona

• Just popping in

thnx i look but no one isn't for sending mails.

Thnx for help

flyingtux
  • 2005/3/31 12:12

• flyingtux

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/6 1

It seems to me there's still a misunderstanding about the module. I hope that could clarify things.

WHAT IS THIS WEBMAILFX STUFF?
WebMailFX is an email client. It could manage different email accounts and interact directly with Cpanel. This last feature appears to be user confusing: users think this functionality creates automatically email accounts. But where? Well, it creates it on your mailserver IF YOU HAVE ONE. If not, it could not create anything. WebMailFX is not a mailserver: it is just an interface. Think about hotmail: when you register, you create an account on their servers. When they'll give you access to this account via POP3 and SMTP, you could send and receive messages via WebMailFX.

CPANEL
Under certain conditions (dedicated servers, webhosting with unlimited number of emails account, ecc..) you could have an administrative interface to your host. This could be CPanel or others. Normally, you would have to create the email account on the server via CPanel:

ACCOUNT: you@yoursite.com
SETTINGS:
could be something like
mail.yoursite.com
pop3.yoursite.com
smtp.yoursite.com

By configuring the created account in WebMailFX you can send and receive messages.
BUT: IF YOU HAVE NO UNLIMITED EMAIL ACCOUNTS, NO PRIVATE SERVER, NO CPANEL, ETC... THIS FUNCTIONALITY IS USELESS TO YOU!

Hope this helps.
Bye,
ft
The WebMailFX Team

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits