salut_kathi
3 questions: change language (eng/ger) ... ?!
  • 2005/3/25 9:13

• salut_kathi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/25

Hi guys!
As a beginner I have no idea but 3 questions:

i would like to have an english part with the most important info (e.g. FAQ) in my german spaeking homepage...

in articles it never takes font/size/colour, they always stay the same...

many pages have this introduction page, with just a logo and perhaps some text, where you have to click on to reach the main page. is that possible with xoops?!

any suggestions?
thanx a lot,
kathi

JasonMR
Re: 3 questions: change language (eng/ger) ... ?!
  • 2005/3/25 10:16

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Salut Kathi!

First of, I like the topic of your page, will take a closer look later on

zu 1)

There are different Multi-Language methods available, of which the first in the list is, as far as I know and have experienced, the most 'workable'

- XOOPS Multilanguages 1.4.4

- GIJOE's Easy Multi-Language Hack

- xLanguage

Note: make sure you read the instructions carefully!

zu 2)

Could you be a little more specific? Which module are you refering to? How are they not changing (why do you expect them to change)?

Though, you can always look at the source code of an article page, and check if there are any style classes used with the articles, and change them in your stylesheets (if this helps).

All font related settings are controlled by CSS styles, which you will find in your themes stylesheet (most commenly style.css).

Some modules have their own stylesheets, which you can find in the module folder.

zu 3)

It is possible, but not advisable. Users are content-hungry, and want to reach their goal (be fed with info), as quickly as possible. An introduction page is often viewed as an obsticle, wich causes a subtle frustration.

You can just create an HTML-page named index.html, which has a link to index.php. You then just place the index.html page (your intro page) into your root folder.

Hope this helps

JasonMR

***edit***

If you were refering to the news module, and want to change its articles appearance, here is a list of the style classes you will need to change in your themes style sheet:

- itemHead/itemTitle -> to control heading style
- itemInfo -> control all info at once
- itemPoster -> control 'Geschrieben von'
- itemPostDate -> control date display
- itemStats -> control 'wie oft Artikel gelesen wurde'
- itemText -> control actual article text

HTH

salut_kathi
  • 2005/3/25 16:36

• salut_kathi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/25

hey jason!
thanks a lot, your german must be pretty good if you understood our page :)

i'll let someone help me in installing the language thing, but thanks for the link.
what i meant in 2.) was, that i cannot, for instance, make the text red or blue or green :) i will ask the same someone as above.
and probably you're right with the entrance page thing. it is just that i would need a less forum-like intro for people who don't know what it's about and who won't read 10 pages to find out. But probably it's ok as it is!

Thank you! kathi

showcase17
  • 2005/3/25 16:51

• showcase17

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/1/6 0

To change the colors of your text you'll have to modify the style.css in your theme folder. In there you can change the complete look of your site including fonts, size, colors, backgrounds...

Be carefull though if you're new to this. Start by changing little thingsand look what effect they will have.

Always save the original style.css! So you can put it back.

Good luck!

JasonMR
  • 2005/3/25 17:20

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Quote:

your german must be pretty good if you understood our page :)

Deutsche XOOPS Sprachdateien

Currently you have the news module set as "Module der Startseite", change this to "Kein".

Now create a block (Sys Admin -> Blöcke) and create a block, in which you put the info you would prefer to have on your front page. Make it "Sichtbar in" as Homepage.

Hoffe Du kommst damit zurecht There is also a German Support site, if you prefer.

Grüsse

JasonMR

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits