karedokx
xoopspoll problem in firefox
  • 2005/2/6 9:00

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

i just realized that the xoopspoll's block RESULT button doesn't work in firefox. clicking on the result button doesn't do anything in firefox.

might be the following used code in the template is not good for firefox?

<tr>
<td class="foot" align="center" colspan="2"><input type="submit" value="<{$block.lang_vote}>" /> <b><input type="button" value="<{$block.lang_results}>" onclick="location='<{$xoops_url}>/modules/xoopspoll/pollresults.php?poll_id=<{$poll.id}>'" /></b></td>
</tr>

has a fix for the above issue available?

ps. do we have any plan in upgrading the poll module in near future? currently the 'view log' feature in admin has only show:
View Log
Sorry, not yet.

davidthomas1
Re: xoopspoll problem in firefox

That's odd, I've got the reverse problem. The results button works in Firefox but not in IE6.

I've tried changing the template code (button onclick property) but nothing seems to work.

anyone solved this problem?

karedokx
  • 2005/3/24 8:30

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

david, thank you for the feedback.

i'm sorry, i should have updated this post. the issue is not on the xoops, i have had my firefox setting set to disable the javascript (resulting the issue i raised above). my mistake and stupidity

now, about your problem in ie. now, that's probably the real issue.. have no idea..

davidthomas1

Thanks for your reply,

Firefox does have many configuration options / extensions etc... I'm glad you solved your problem.

I use Firefox most of the time but I'm concerned about the majority of users still using IE.

It's odd that the button onclick property doesn't seem to work even though the link is accessible.

hmmm. I'm still looking for a solution.

davidthomas1

Problem solved! you pointed me in the right direction.

For some reason, I had the Java VM disabled in IE. I went in a checked the custom security settings to enable java/active scripting etc... now it's working!

you can tell I haven't been using IE...

I hope this helps someone else too..

Login

Who's Online

68 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 68

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits