brash
xcGallery Bug & Request
  • 2004/2/17 23:38

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi All,

Firstly a small bug report for xcGallery. For some reason it seems that using xcGallery has totally screwed with the total posts block on my site. I have posted 5 forums topics, 0 comments and 137 pictures using my account, which to my mind would contribute a total of 5 to my total post count as to my knowledge only forum posts and comments count towards the "top posters" block. However, according to the "top posters" block I have a hugely inaccurate 264 posts. I have no idea why xcGallery seems to be effecting the "top posters" block in this way, but I'll take some more detailed notes during my next photo upload.

Secondly is a request. As I host my sites myself over my ADSL link I'm fairly restricted bandwidth wise (512/512 kilobit), especially as I host full size 5MP (2.5MB to 5MB each in size) photos in my gallery for download. I was just wondering how hard it would be to change the javascript that downloads the full sized image in a new browser window when you click on the intermediate sized picture? In my case (and others in the same situation as me I'd guess) I think it'd be much better if the javascript just prompted the user with a standard download window (such as that in the MyDownloads module) so that the user can just download the fullsize image in it's original state without it being opened in another browser window. I'll be having a closer look at this over the next week myself as I haven't even looked at the javascript in question yet, I was just wondering if someone might have looked at it already.

RachelVirago
Re: xcGallery Bug & Request

Yes I have this problem also and worse yet a particular user who seems to be exploiting this bug.

The first time they uploaded 10 pictures (approval was off), later on another member pointed out that their count had jumped by 50.

Last time they posted two images (approval on), after approval I noticed the post count had jumped by 50 again?

On the first occasion syncronise failed to work and I had to use PHP my admin to correct this.

On the second occasion synch did work (sort of) but still leaves their total 1 above what they have actually posted.

Only other other thing to note was that on the second occasion they logged in and out many times after uploading and eventually sent a PM asking that I please approve their pictures.

Cant help thinking they were impatient to see the result of their exploit.

This account is also one of the accounts I am having trouble with RE: innacurate login date.

I have asked a trusted member with php skills to try to reproduce this but she is busy so it may take a while.

Not sure if this could be related.

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16711&forum=2&post_id=143516#forumpost143516

Login

Who's Online

131 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 131

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits