Peekay
Re: Mac User & wysiwyg editor in Tiny content.
  • 2005/3/10 0:30

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

@rider. Is that the Spaw XOOPS module downloadable from the WF-Sections website that works on the Mac? Do all the features work, tables and everything?

rider
  • 2005/3/10 4:48

• rider

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/18

Quote:

Peekay wrote:
@rider. Is that the Spaw XOOPS module downloadable from the WF-Sections website that works on the Mac? Do all the features work, tables and everything?
I think I got it from the NewBB site not the WF-Sections. I can't remember if I managed to get it running from WF-Sections. But it works well on NewBB.

Tables seem to work but I guess it's a matter of what you want the tables to do.

Peekay
  • 2005/3/10 9:31

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Thx for confirming it works. I'll try and track that module down.

Peekay
  • 2005/3/10 11:33

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Some encouraging news about Koivi and Firefox on a Mac here.

gecko
  • 2005/3/10 12:39

• gecko

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/11

Ok what we need to do when we get to the bottom of this, is to post this information so it can be found via search.

The search engine on xoops.org is not very selective and the title of this thread is a little off topic, so probably the people looking will not find what they need to find......any ideas Peekay?
Gecko

Peekay
  • 2005/3/10 15:21

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Best thing I can think of is wait until enough Mac users can agree (from testing) that there is a wysiwyg editor module that works properly and reliably in Mac Firefox. Then submit 'the winner' as a FAQ 'answer' to the XOOPS FAQ. The FAQ is very good and I always find it worth taking a look before searching the forums really.

I have just installed News 1.3 RC2, a replacement for the default News module. It allows selection of Spaw, HTMLArea or Koivi as editor, so I'll do some tests myself now.

My other concern is that the editor must degrade properly, i.e. drop back to using the default XOOPS editor if the browser doesn't support wysiwyg. That way, people using Safari or a browser on Mac OS 9 can still manually edit the text, even if they can't gain access to Firefox. This can be useful if for example if they needed to make an urgent change of content from someone else's Mac.

So far, one vote from rider for Spaw!

gecko
  • 2005/3/10 20:35

• gecko

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/11

Yes good call on posting the "winner" in FAQs.
Rider can you tell us if spaw does integrate XOOPS image editor??
And Peekay did you find out where to download spaw?

Gecko

Peekay
  • 2005/3/10 21:12

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

It appears you can get Spaw 1.1 beta (and the other editors) from here at dev.xoops.org. According to the Spaw website, the 1.1 beta is the gecko-compatible version, which would tie up with riders comments about it working in Firefox. The old Spaw only worked in IE on the PC.

In case you didn't already know, the sidebar menu link to 'Module Dev Forge' leads to dev.xoops.org. Like the FAQ, it's a good place to go hunting if you can't find something. Some developers post news articles about modules on this site that can only actually be found on dev.xoops.org. For example, this forum module (NewBB 2) isn't in the downloads section here under message boards.

Don't ask me...

samuels
  • 2005/3/11 10:21

• samuels

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/30

As I said in other posts, Koivi must run under mac (firefox 0.8 or upper and mozilla 1.4 or upper included).

If not, please ask me 'cause I think it can be solved.
Cheers.

Peekay
  • 2005/3/11 13:12

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Hi Samuels. I now have News 1.3 installed which lets me use Koivi so I plan to do some tests early next week. I'll post any feedback here.

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits