thygar
Block visibility changes between groups not being retained
  • 2005/3/8 19:33

• thygar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/8 1

Hello everyone,

Hopefully someone will be able to help with this issue. It seems that whenever I change block visibility on one group it gets copied over to the other groups instead of being limited to the one I am working on.

For example, I put the Main Menu block to be visible to Registered users, and removed visibilty to Anonymous users. Depending on which one I do last is the setting that gets retained for both. If I remove the visibility last then it's removed on both etc.

Am I doing something wrong or is there something I am missing? I just installed the latest XOOPS and added the 4TheFort theme, nothing else was changed or modded in any way.

Thanks in advance.

Mithrandir
Re: Block visibility changes between groups not being retained

I am just guessing here, but are you using the drop-down in the blocks administration? If so, then that has nothing to do with permissions, as it is simply a filter and not a permission setter.

If you want to set a block visible to a certain group only, you should edit that group's permissions in system admin -> groups

thygar
  • 2005/3/8 20:08

• thygar

• Just popping in

What I am doing is going into the System Admin > Blocks Administration.

From there I see all the available Block, with the following columns:

Block Description
Title
Module
Side Left-Center-Right
Weight
Visible
Action

Under the Visible column is where I choose to make the block visible to the group or not. Above the whole section is the line:

Show blocks visible in Top Page Group Webmasters Visible All

The drop downs for Group show Webmasters, Registered Users, Anonymous Users and #Unassigned.

Depending on which group I chose, I can select different visible options. Once I choose the visible options I click on the submit button and it saves it, I can then go to the web page and view the changes.

The problem I am having, is that the settings are saved across the board, not for individual groups. Is this the way its supposed to be?

Mithrandir

Quote:
that has nothing to do with permissions, as it is simply a filter and not a permission setter.

If you want to set a block visible to a certain group only, you should edit that group's permissions in system admin -> groups

thygar
  • 2005/3/8 20:12

• thygar

• Just popping in

And after re-reading what you said and looking deeper into it I see exactly what you mean and thats exactly what I was looking for..

Mithrandir

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits