reflect
wf-faq 1.0.5 not adding faq's to the db
  • 2005/3/7 14:17

• reflect

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/15

Installed wf-faq recently and added alot of entries to it. However, after adding something like 150 entries, it blurted out "faq NOT added" but it gives me no other message.

I've enabled the php debug but that doesn't give me any information. What can I do to make it give me more information about the problem at hand?

(besides enabling php debug, I tried MySQL debug and the other one in system/preferences. this is on a linux machine, so I've looked in mysqld.log and the syslog, and apache's error_log adn access_log but so far it hasn't given me anything to go on)

When a user submits a FAQ, they get "ERROR: Database has NOT been Updated due to an Error!" and when an admin does the same, they get the "faq NOT created and saved" error.

reflect
Re: wf-faq 1.0.5 not adding faq's to the db
  • 2005/3/7 15:07

• reflect

• Just popping in

ok, I removed one FAQ entry and then I could suddenly enter a new entry. I currently have 127 entries, adding no. 128 isn't possible.

I checked the database with mysqlcc and I checked the properties of the 'xoops_faqtopics' table and it says data_free 0, data_length 31472 and rows 127.

Is this a limit of wf-faq or something? I really need to raise that, alot. Or is this something that doesn't have anything to do with the problem at hand?

reflect
Re: wf-faq 1.0.5 not adding faq's to the db
  • 2005/3/7 15:32

• reflect

• Just popping in

Ok, I think I found it.

topicID was tinyint(4). I can't believe no one else has bumped into this limit before. I changed it in place to integer(8) so there would be a bit of room for the topics created.. seems to work now, atleast.

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits