guardian2k1
Rewarding Donators

Not sure if this is possible but if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

With the recent discussion over AMS and donators getting access to new releases before the general public, our team are toying with the idea of giving donators personal webpages and weblogging in order to give them something back.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how this can be done?

jdseymour
Re: Rewarding Donators

With the xdonations module you can automatically assign a user to a new group (such as donor, or site supporter). Of course you would have to create the group in groups admin. Then set the settings in xdonations.

You could then add extra privileges to the new group. To do this you would remove the privilege from the registered users group and add it to the supporter/donator group.

HTH.

PS. xdonations can be found at Module Dev Forge.

guardian2k1

I noticed that in xdonations but didn't pay that much attention to it. Great one, thanks.

DonXoop

Thumbs up to xdonations.

I use it for my car club. To get discounts at participating companies we have a "Full Member" status if a user makes a donation. I also give slightly different rights on the site based on their status. To function I need those users in a special group and to set their rank. xdonations handles that part for me and saves me lots of tedious profile editing. (very cool that it can set both the group and the rank).

However I don't limit the non paying users. Paid members do get access to some content that is only relevent to them. In the theme I either present or delete a link to the donation page based on their group status.

guardian2k1

We are just trying to find ways of making the site pay for itself but still give back to the community. jdseymour suggestion pretty much covered what we are looking for.

Login

Who's Online

470 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 470

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits