marcdg
Formum newbb 2.01 user issue
  • 2005/3/1 9:04

• marcdg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/5 9

My forum works just fine, if I'm logged in as the administrator. When a anomynous or registered user wants to browse the forum or post a message, they get te message that "they are not allowed to enter this forum".

I'm sure I set the permissions right in the Groups part of the admin. Also, I have set the block " recent forum topics " to be visable on the home page for everybody. This also only shows when logged in as administrator. Who can help me with this problem?

jdseymour
Re: Formum newbb 2.01 user issue

In the newbb admin panel, click on edit forum, at the top you will have module access rights make sure each group is checked you want to have access. next scroll down to the bottom, you will find detailed permissions there that you can assign per group.

This needs to be done in each forum.

HTH.

BTW current version is 2.0.2 includes bug fixes from 2.0.1.

marcdg
  • 2005/3/3 12:20

• marcdg

• Just popping in

There is no " edit forum" option there. However, I can set the module acces rights in the " blocks section" . They are set correct, but nothing has changed.

jdseymour

Go into the newbb2 admin index page you will see several tabs across the top of the page. Click on the "Forums" tab. You will now see a list of forums you have created. To the right of each forum you will see an edit icon (looks like paper and pencil) click on that and set your permissions. Repeat for each forum.

marcdg
  • 2005/3/4 10:08

• marcdg

• Just popping in

Thank you very much! This of course solved my problem completely!

Login

Who's Online

261 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 261

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits