Bulls
New menu install
  • 2005/3/2 1:55

• Bulls

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/8 1

Hi

Thought to drop a line on the way I just installed a new tree-type menu system. I have installed it so that it expands and contracts without distorting the site at all. How I did this was to use a menu that expands and contracts on each link and then customized it with icons from another XP tree menu. It is not a true expanding tree menu and I prefer it like this so it doesn't keep getting larger and larger when you click a new link. The fairly interesting bit is that I have installed the menu through an iframe. The menu isn't a part of XOOPS at all and resides in a different directory. By hiding the frame borders the menu looks like it is a part of the site. Seems to work perfectly though I have yet to make the mouse over show a different colour on the closed links.

Was very easy to put the links into this type of menu and also to customise it. All the java activated popups work a treat too.

Menu was acquired from here

One other problem I have solved that might be of interest was to create a self refreshing online counter that doesn't click. I combined a few scripts to get it to work and it works a treat now.

You can see both working on the left menu here.

I have only just installed the new silver XOOPS theme and have a great deal of work getting everything back uniform again. Lots to do but I wouldn't have it any other way.

If anyone is interested in any of this just contact me on the above link.

Regards

Bulls

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits