skenow
Koivi 1.0.5 problems with Mac browsers
  • 2005/3/1 17:24

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

I've upgraded from Koivi 1.0.4.1 to 1.0.5 and everything went fine - I like the new features and the performance improvements. But, of course, I use a PC, and the people responsible for adding and maintaining content use Macs. They have not installed Firefox yet, but at least the editor was degrading to the DHTML editor for them. Now that I have gone to 1.0.5, the editor does not degrade properly, and they do not even get a cursor in the text areas. I don't have the full details of the behavior, so for now, I'm just switching back to 1.0.4.1.

Apart from the major rewrite of formwysiwygtextarea.php, the most significant change seems to be in the checkBrowser function in functions.inc.php - it doesn't seem to check versions of the specific browsers. Could this be the problem? Could it be this simple?

Steve

samuels
Re: Koivi 1.0.5 problems with Mac browsers
  • 2005/3/1 22:12

• samuels

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/30

Yes, it is.
I commented the original checkbrowser function cause I had a lot of problems with strange firefox versions under linux.

If they return me a rare version number is very difficult to know if browser is really comp or not.
While I improve the checkBrowser function you can use 1.051 with the old checkbrowser function.
Sorry for that

skenow
Re: Koivi 1.0.5 problems with Mac browsers
  • 2005/3/1 23:10

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Thanks for the response, I've just uploaded 1.0.5.1 with the modified functions.inc.php - and I'm having them test it on their Macs (and I'm still trying to get them to switch to Firefox!)

I don't have any machines with non-compatible browsers to check this with, so I'll have to wait for them to report.

I've had better results with Koivi than I had with HTMLArea3, so I'm glad you keep working on it. One feature I would like to see you add is the InsertFile plugin that HTMLArea has at InsertFile download. I've gotten it to work as a standalone, but not in Xoops.

Thanks again!

Login

Who's Online

227 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 227

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits