benzig
Procedure for upgrading XOOPS?
  • 2005/2/27 15:39

• benzig

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/27

Hi,

I "inheritted" a 2.0.2 XOOPS system (Intranet), that was hardly maintained. I'm trying to make it more attractive and as part, would like to upgrade it to the current version.

I managed to download all the patches (including the 2.0.2 to 2.0.3 which was not easy to find) - but I can't find any instructions on upgrading (at least not in the FAQ or using the XOOPS search). What do I need to do with the patches I downloaded? Is there a shortcut way to get to the 2.0.9.x or would I have to apply the patches serially?

Any instructions, links, and tips would be highly appriciated!

Thanks,
Benzi

carnuke
Re: Procedure for upgrading XOOPS?
  • 2005/2/27 16:42

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hello and welcome to XOOPS forums

AFAIK, you have to follow the upgrade path for each conquetive version untill you reach the current version release.

Of course the number one step is to BACKUP everything first

Then reade any readmes in the patch files.

it usually requires (and this is only a generalised comment) that you overwrite existing files with new files, by copying new files into the appropriate folders on the server.

Then going to your admin panal and updating the system module and any other modules that have been installed in the site.

If you have any hacks in your site, you need to back these up also as some newer files may overwrite them.

To update without consequetive upgrade paths would require you to compare each previous upgrade version to identify any files that occurred in one realease, but not another and include these to the final version files that always had an update in each release. In other words if header.php is found to always have an update in each version, you could possibly skip to the latest release and likewise any other file that was ALWAYS updated.

It would be complicated process, better go through the staged process, unless you get a better advice here

If it were my site, I would make a copy in a sub-dir and go through a practice run first, its up to you.

Login

Who's Online

333 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 333

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits