shansta22
Remove (Module File for Not Found!)
  • 2005/2/25 4:59

• shansta22

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/13

Hello,
I have 7 Module File for Not Found! on the bottoms of my admin/modules index and I would like to know how to remove them, can someone tell me please?

It's getting annoying seeing this on the index:

Module File for afl Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found! 0 Module File for Not Found!
Module File for xhld0 Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found! 0 Module File for Not Found!

+more but it is to much to paste here..

Thanks,
Shan

Wheeler
Re: Remove (Module File for Not Found!)
  • 2005/2/25 5:55

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/29

Those error wornings are displayed by php debug. To turn off, go to System Admin > Preferences > General > Debug mode

The problem is within your modules. I have seen this error with bad module clones (fix: un-install clones) and incomplete modules from an update (fix: upload old module files and update module again).

I have also seen this error from incomplete modules which I have only uploaded, not installed or active.

Check out XOOPS faqhttps://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/

jdseymour

Also you may have extra folders as a result of unzipping the files.

See my Module Deployment section of Tutorials.

HTH.

davidthomas1

This may also happen if you're using Frontpage to edit your site.

Frontpage automatically creates folders with the prefix _vti_cnf (or something like that!)

I don't really know what the purpose of those folders is (maybe some backup thingy) they basically just store a copy of the top folder contents in a subfolder. I'm sure someone else could elaborate...

To cut a long story short, open your site in an FTP program (I like FileZilla) and delete the _VTI_cnf folders. I did it - no side effects.

the downside, if you keep using Frontpage to edit your site, it will 'helpfully' create these folders for you again.

cheers,

David.

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits