bumbum
problems running xoops on local host
  • 2005/2/23 17:54

• bumbum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/18

I'm trying to get a local version of XOOPS to run on my laptop that I can use as a demo when I'm on the mve and there's no internet access.
The Laptop is running on Win XP home edition and I've installed PHP Triad.
Apache is running OK
SQL database seem to be setup properly
When I try to view the site athttp://localhost/website I just keep getting errors such as:

Warning: Failed opening '/home/website/public_html/include/common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\apache\php\pear') in c:\apache\htdocs\public_html\mainfile.php on line 93

Warning: Failed opening '/home/website/public_html/class/xoopsblock.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\apache\php\pear') in c:\apache\htdocs\public_html\header.php on line 28

Fatal error: Failed opening required '/home/website/public_html/class/template.php' (include_path='.;c:\apache\php\pear') in c:\apache\htdocs\public_html\header.php on line 62

I've been running around resetting permissions on various folders but can't seem to make any progress on this now.

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with 'pear'??
better still, anyone know how to resolve the problem?

Actually - this is just an afterthought:
What I've done is to backup my database and all XOOPS files including config files etc... from the remote server that's hosting the site. the remote server is running 'FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE-p24' ?? I dunno, what this is.
I've copied these files onto my local Windows installation of Apache... Could it be that there are some files unique to each OS that requires me to setup the site from scratch locally?

carnuke
Re: problems running xoops on local host
  • 2005/2/23 18:07

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Have you tried XSAS??

I have similar environment as you,

Dell notebook, windows xp and I use XSAS. It takes about 3 minutes to install including a full version of XOOPS preinstalled running on apache, MySQL and php.

I also run several other versions of XOOPS installed on the same local server and lots of other php scripts and apps.

XSAS is so straight forward to use.

bumbum
  • 2005/2/23 18:17

• bumbum

• Just popping in

Cheers mate, I'll check out XSAS. Just had a look athttp://xsas.sourceforge.net/ and it looks exactly what I'm looking for.

bumbum
  • 2005/2/24 12:24

• bumbum

• Just popping in

Sing it from the rooftops - XSAS rocks. I spent days trying to get my site running locally my laptop. I even got a friend over to see if he could help out but we just couldn't seem to get it right.
Downloaded XSAS and extracted it - THAT'S IT! It runs straight from the folder you've extracted and comes with a demo site preinstalled so you know you're on your way - a good phsycological boost to start with. It was just a matter of importing my own database and some tinkering around with mainfile.php etc and that's it.
This little package should get a prominent mention on the XOOPS download page.
This is one very happy camper - thanks carnuke

pfaulkne
  • 2005/2/24 12:41

• pfaulkne

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/14

Now if we could just build a RPM for the common Linux boxes, we'd all be a LOT happier

shank
  • 2005/2/25 17:56

• shank

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/17

I am also using a dell laptop with XP, and when I try to run XSAS it doesn't work. The xsas screen comes up, but when I click on xoops2 it opens my browser and trys to dial up, of course localhost cannot be found.

I have it running on my desktop, also with xp, and it works fine. I did notice that there is another window that opens when you click xoops2, apache maybe? I don't get this on my laptop, until I exit XSAS then it opens for a second and the whole program shuts off.

Any ideas why apache isn't starting when it should?

Help please.

Thanks,
Steve

bumbum
  • 2005/3/1 18:26

• bumbum

• Just popping in

I found that I had to disable my firewall (Zone Alarm) but that was about it. It ran from the directory without any other problems.
You get a DOS window running in the background - that's Apache.exe
You can see XOOPS 2 in the XSAS stand alone server, just click it and you should see a demo site popping up on localhost.
Also keep an eye out for MySQL running in the background although you can only see this in the System Processes.

My guess is you need to check your firewall, but that's all it is - a guess.

p.s.
I'm running it from an ACER Laptop with AMP Sempron and Win XP

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits