horkthegreen
Suggestions for moderated shoutbox functionality?

I'm interested in creating a block on my home page that works like a shoutbox but the content can be moderated before it shows up.

I want to call it "Zen of Water Polo" and let people put in very short tips or philosophies that can be shown on the front page.

It occurs to me that an existing module might be able to be used for this, but I'm not sure which one. Here's what I need...

* I don't really care about registrations on my site... it is mainly for informational purposes. Therefore, anyone (including an anonymous user) that wants to submit a "quote" must be able to enter both their "nickname" and the "quote".

* The entries must be moderated to keep anonymous users from posting something lewd. After approval, they will show up in the block.

* The block shows the list of quotes/entries, consisting of the nickname and the quote. A scrollbar lets users scroll through it.

* I want to keep all the accepted entries, even if not all of them are shown in the block. This implies random entries or last x entries are shown in the scrolling list in the block.

* It would be nice if they could make the entries directly from the block, but since I need to let them know their entries will be moderated, it might make more sense for them to click a "Enter a quote" link and either go to an entry page in the framework or enter the quote in a pop-up window.

Any ideas how I can use existing modules and blocks to do this?

Thanks!

horkthegreen

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits