Wheeler
Re: Music module
  • 2005/2/17 0:36

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/29

... a bump,

Okay,

I don't have plans, anytime soon, to start this module. Although, I hold interest and have looked into many modules and application posted in this thread.

First, I must launch my website and then development will begin, on such modules like this one. I will release anything I come up with, be it a full module or a start in the right direction.

From experience, from stuff I released in the past, I only receive requests for support and not much help with development. It would be nice to get some 'know how' on this and build a small team.

Any Xoopser Guru's Interested?

script_fu

I've been poking around a lil more...

Im just throwing this out there...

Say I have a three major calendars installed. I populate the calendars with specific content.

Pical would only hold data about venues.
Extcal would only hold data about bands.
Agendax would only hold data about genres.

Now what if we take the data about the data that NoAh can see in the database. Then display that data in a different manner aka tables to make new content the way we want to use it?

That makes sence to me. Hope it does to you.

http://www.streetfighter.ca/demo/

Ryan aka fatman here on XOOPS is the dev on NoAh. NoAh has been very hard to understand in the past. Fast foward to version 0.9 and its crystal clear what it does due to the docs Ryan has put together.

His wiki is up give it a read its worth every min. Your also free to edit the wiki so the docs become even more clear. I can't wait for the 0.9 release. Then maybe we will be able to build this music module.

Wheeler
  • 2005/2/19 14:39

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

it is not cross-browser compatible. That sucks.

Catzwolf
  • 2005/2/19 16:45

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

@Wheeler;

We at WF-Projects could give you 'the tools' you require with sourceforge, forums and support if you want and release it under the WF banner (so to speak).

This way you will have the support of our team when needed or be apart of the team. =)

Scott

Wheeler
  • 2005/2/19 17:02

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

Scott (wfsection),

When I start development on a new module, I will take you up on your offer. Thank you very much for hearing my calls for help.

Where do I go? Who do I contact?
Thanks again.

script_fu

Quote:

Wheeler wrote:
it is not cross-browser compatible. That sucks.

It doesn't need to be cross browser compatable. Having a module installed inside XOOPS that will bring up a window to design modules about data far out ways IE issues. If the dev decides thats the way its gonna be - No IE Hell, I can get along with that.

Your looking at the future of xoops. The next level so to speak. What do you want to build today? Concept, Forsite & Vision will take you there. IE is a small price to pay for data about data.

Regards
Billy

Wheeler
  • 2005/2/20 17:03

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

Sorry, I did not understand this post,
script_fu wroteQuote:
Now what if we take the data about the data that NoAh can see in the database. Then display that data in a different manner aka tables to make new content the way we want to use it?

but I see what your saying with your new post.

Great brainstorming script_fu and thanks for the info.

script_fu

Thanks Wheeler,

The way I understand this problem is to install the different calendars. When I do that they just dont do what I need.

So I got the idea to just install specific content in each.
This has worked well.

Example
Agendax has only music group information inside the module.
If you have NoAh installed you can see all the data created
by agendax in the data base about the music groups.

Pical has only venue information inside the module.
If you have NoAh installed you can see all the data created
by pical in the data base about the venues.

So with NoAh you can take the data tables that agendax and pical have with the information stored and display the information from both calendars as one into a block or many with sortable data.

This sounds very slick and seems very possible to achieve.

jmass
  • 2005/2/21 15:44

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

Quote:
IE is a small price to pay for data about data.

Thank you Bill Gates. Thank you for telling me not only what browser I should use, but also what OS I must.

Don't forget, there is no IE for Linux. So it is much TOO HIGH a price to pay.

Just IMHO of course.

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits