yannou
Setting the order in which the links are appearing
  • 2005/2/13 3:50

• yannou

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/10

Hello guies,

Sorry to ask the question here too.

How do I set the order in which the links I add will appear in the Main Menu block?

I know how to do for installed modules, but I'm wondering how do I proceed for added links.

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=261&com_id=14239&com_rootid=13898&com_mode=flat&com_order=0#comment14239

karedokx
Re: Setting the order in which the links are appearing
  • 2005/2/13 10:44

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

you are trying to put the added custom links (you created) on the top area of your main menu?

i'm afraid you won't be able to do that easily, you will only be able to show the custom links at the bottom of the main menu.

you might be able to achieve that through creating a dummy module (search for dummy module in the forum) and and arrange the link location through the module weight arrangement. or why don't you use the multi menu?

yannou
  • 2005/2/14 0:20

• yannou

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/10

Quote:

karedokx wrote:
you are trying to put the added custom links (you created) on the top area of your main menu?

i'm afraid you won't be able to do that easily, you will only be able to show the custom links at the bottom of the main menu.

you might be able to achieve that through creating a dummy module (search for dummy module in the forum) and and arrange the link location through the module weight arrangement. or why don't you use the multi menu?

Hello karedokx, Thanks for your answer :)

Yes, that's what I'm trying to, and I've successfully added links in the Main Menu block.

I guessed that it won't be possible or complicated to place those links between modules links, I've spend most of the night untill about 10am browsing XOOPS admin menu, XOOPS FAQ and documentation, uploading files and folders via my FTP client software, modifying files, testing links, functions, ...... I still have a lot to discover, and mess with, for example upgrading from 2.7.0.3 to 2.9.0.2 (I yet have to see what's the best procedure that requires less administrative effort, and will be the safest possible), and also if it's due to the themes I use or my web browser (Firefox) that when I click on secure login in the User Menu block that it opens my website's home page in another window.

I've also installed the Multimenu 1.4 module, I like it and will use it in the future, but for now it's ok like that.

I use vBulletin 3.0.6 for my forums and OScommerce for my online shop (those are the 2 links I added to the Main Menu block), and would like to have them opened in the same window and have the XOOPS blocks, headers and footers around the forums and cart pages, but I'm not sure it'll be possible, I'll have to browse XOOPS FAQ, Documentation, Modules and forums to see if I can do that.

So far, I really like XOOPS it have many builtin features, tons of modules, themes,...., and the community is looking good aswell.

karedokx
  • 2005/2/14 10:04

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

glad to here you manage to get a grip on XOOPS

the latest version of multimenu (1.6) can be found here: multimenu 1.6.

Login

Who's Online

463 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 463

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits