netwrk219
help with this creating themes thing.....
  • 2005/2/13 4:20

• netwrk219

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/8 1

OK, so Ive read the FAQ, Ive posted to Dravens Q&A on creating themes...still waiting for a reply on that one....Ive checked out the tutorials and i see no information on what I need.

I want to take my theme, exnews and divide the center column so that i can have three columns of two rows on the top of the page, with the center theme intact as one column on the lower part of the page.

the 6 boxes (three rows of two columns) I want to use to force different featured news items into. I also want those items to be archived like normal, so that when its moved from the "boxes", it can still be found in the news.

Can anyone help me out so that i can stop asking these questions and get on the road to developing and possibly answering questions in the future?

I appreciate all help.

Keith

carnuke
Re: help with this creating themes thing.....
  • 2005/2/13 8:43

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hello Keith, Have you read The anatomy of a default theme document?

It provides some extensive help on how to construct a theme. What you propose may also require careful use of the 'super spotlight module which was released here a while ago. Its basically a block that is subdivided into smaller sub blocks that can dispaly various items. I'll have a look and post back.
[edit] Super spotlight
If I were doing this I would use XSAS as a test bed to make experimentation much safer and quicker.

Richard

netwrk219
Re: help with this creating themes thing.....
  • 2005/2/13 15:29

• netwrk219

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/8 1

Quote:

carnuke wrote:
Hello Keith, Have you read The anatomy of a default theme document?

It provides some extensive help on how to construct a theme. What you propose may also require careful use of the 'super spotlight module which was released here a while ago. Its basically a block that is subdivided into smaller sub blocks that can dispaly various items. I'll have a look and post back.
[edit] Super spotlight
If I were doing this I would use XSAS as a test bed to make experimentation much safer and quicker.

Richard

Hi Richard,

I actually haven't read The anatomy of a default theme , I assumed it was an explanation of the defauult, not a tutorial, so I will go check that out now.

Super Spotlight sounds exactly like what I've been looking for. Can it be used with AMS? Ill find out soon, since AI am downloading and getting ready to test it. WOOHOO!!!

And yes, I am running XSAS, I see it as an invaluable resource and i thank the XOOPS members who created it.

Other than my little pitfalls here and there, I have to say, I am enjoying XOOPS more and more as I get deeper into it.

Thanks for the reply. I'll post more on this when I get it up and show you guys what I am working on.

Keith

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits