jwells
How do I force blocks??
  • 2005/2/10 18:24

• jwells

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/17

Greetings,

I am working on an intranet portal, and have run into a snag. When a user clicks on one of the menu items, it takes them to a custom module I have built for the intranet. The module displays the block I have built without issue, however, they would like me to add another block when certain criteria is met. Unfortunately, everything I have tried has failed here. :(

Basically, when a user goes to this module, the center column brings up the main module page with various options. When they click one of the options, they would like it to reload the page, but this time have an extra block in the right column.

Would some be kind enough to explain this to a XOOPS / PHP newb please? BTW, this feature will be used in at least 2 other custom modules they want me to build.

jwells
Re: How do I force blocks??
  • 2005/2/11 19:44

• jwells

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/17

Hmmm, is there no one who knows the answer to this?

DonXoop

Would need a lot more information.

You are building a module from scratch? You should read all the FAQs and module devel forums. This isn't for the complete newbie, but I have no idea what your background is so maybe you have the basics down pat.

JasonMR
  • 2005/2/11 20:41

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Just create a seperate page, that includes the content of the original page + that extra info they want (lay it out, so that it "looks block like"), and place a link to this seperate on the original page, and call the link so they understand that it will allow them to see, what they are asking for.

Does this help?

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits