carnuke
Re: An important question!
  • 2005/2/11 15:09

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Quote:
What i am really looking for is 5 department sections (listed on left menu), i click these and it displays the relevant department page. On the department page is displayed links to various html and pdf documents that can load in seperate window. What do you guys think are the best modules for this? (i think multimenu looks useful)

Where you use the term 'department' Please read 'category' when looking at other content wrapper modules. Any module that offers categories will have a specific URL address for that category and probably list all the articles/whatever in a category content page.

This is the page you would enter into multimenu and give the category your own department name of course. Most modules will give you the option of using their own menus to list these 'categories'.

It sounds complicated, but really it's not. What you are specifying here is perfectly possible.

centaurmyst
Re: An important question!
  • 2005/2/12 8:52

• centaurmyst

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/11

I'm not sure if this will give you any idea if the module I mentioned earlier will be useful or not, but here is a link to what it looks like when I used it to add some external pages with SmartSections. (Although it's not done yet, it works VERY good and is pretty easy) Anyhow, here's the link...and forgive the disarray and emptiness of the site...I only started it less than a week ago, so it's not finished yet. It should show you how SmartSections would display things, though. Oh...and SmartSections has a couple of built in blocks that display section names within it.

http://yappers.ethh.net/xoops/html/modules/smartsection/index.php

Login

Who's Online

468 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 468

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits