trenskow
What modules to install
  • 2005/1/31 13:22

• trenskow

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/30

Hi there all

I have just this at my site, and as a total newbie to this, i want to ask what modules you would recommend me looking at. I have installed multiMenu and xcGallery so far. But what modules are a must see.

Besides that, as the newbie to this site, i am having difficulties finding stuff in the module repository. I am looking for a module, that acts like multiMenu, but also have the webpages that there are link to, so i dont have to make them myselve, and so that the letters and coulours will follow the theme installed.

Mithrandir
Re: What modules to install

What you seem to be looking for is modules such as WF-Channel or Edito, IIRC they are in the "Content Management" category of the Module Repository

trenskow
  • 2005/1/31 14:06

• trenskow

• Just popping in

Hi, and thanks for the reply

I am trying to get wfChannel, but no matter where i download the file xoops2-mod_wfchannel_v1.07.zip, i get it corrupted, and winrar says that it encoutered "An unexpected end of archive"
I can download any other file from the repository without trouble, so i guess that its not my computer.

solo71
  • 2005/2/2 15:44

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

You can have a go on Edito 2.3 then...

jmass
  • 2005/2/2 15:51

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

Tiny Content Duplicatable -- AKA TinyD

My personal choice.

trenskow
  • 2005/2/5 15:34

• trenskow

• Just popping in

Quote:

jmass wrote:
Tiny Content Duplicatable -- AKA TinyD

My personal choice.

Thanks, this looks like it suits my needs.

I just have one questione.
How do i get more sections with it? can i install this module severeal times under different folders and names?

jmass
  • 2005/2/9 15:44

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

You follow the instructions in the README file.

You copy the module dir and rename it to tinycontent0, tinycontent1, etc.

I hacked it to have 25 copies because 10 was cutting it short for some of my sites.

CrawPhish
  • 2005/3/5 23:21

• CrawPhish

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/27

Quote:

trenskow wrote:

I am looking for a module, that acts like multiMenu, but also have the webpages that there are link to, so i dont have to make them myselve, and so that the letters and coulours will follow the theme installed.

I am fairly new to XOOPS so forgive me if this sounds ignorant, but it appears XOOPS has completely missed the boat on this area of content management.

I have read many posts concerning the addition of content that does not fall into block modules like news, events, etc. In my mind the logical course would be to have the ability to add pages of content using XOOPS standard content editor and permissions. Blocks could be created and given titles, then content pages assigned to blocks that creates a link in that block. Submenus would also be nice.

In doing this a web site admin would not have to manually create a page every time a content editor wants something new. I have tried every module I can find and use multimenu, but have resorted to linking news articles through multimenu to get the content pages I want, a less than perfect scenario.

Am I missing something here? After reading through many of these posts I think I will manually create pages and link to them through multimenu. I have avoided that method as it excludes those pages from XOOPS search function.

Any thoughts...

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits