netwrk219
THEMES? TEMPLATES? INSTALL??? HELP!!!! heh heh heh
  • 2005/2/8 19:36

• netwrk219

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/8 1

Hi, Im a newbie, yeah, youve heard of me, Im the guy that loads a CMS and has no idea what to do...i get by fine generally, except when it comes to installing themes or templates...sigh

my issue is simple. I have themes Ive downloaded. i uploaded them to my root folder and followed these instructions: upload the theme folder to XOOPS_ROOT/themes/. then go to admin menu -> system -> preferences -> general settings -> Theme = your theme and Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory? = Yes. I have smarty loaded and my default...but no matter what I do, i cant figure out how to get the themes to show...all i can see are the themes that came with my cms package.

I have looked through the forums and have gotten as much info as I can find. If someone can direct me to a full explaination, or if someone can give me an explaination, I would be grateful.

Im noticing how different this is from cms like mambo, postnuke, phpnuke and envolution. Im loving it so far, but I need help with the learning curve.

thanks.

Keith

WarDick
Re: THEMES? TEMPLATES? INSTALL??? HELP!!!! heh heh heh
  • 2005/2/8 19:43

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

If you have done everything else right try restarting your browser or clearing the browser cache.

Bassman
  • 2005/2/8 20:53

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

This is going to sound a bit silly, but do you have the Themes block visible so you can choose which themes to use?

Have you selected which themes to display in the Admin section? Administration Menu>System Admin>Preferences>General Settings>and highlight which themes to use by ctrl-clicking in the box alongside "selectable Themes"

netwrk219
  • 2005/2/8 23:34

• netwrk219

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/8 1

Actually, it turned out that closing all IE windows and reopening my site did the trick.

Now, I have another question. on my site, im using the EX news theme, how can I add a table to allow for three columns in the center, for featured items? Can I add a snippet to make those three directly editable?

And what, if any, wysiwyg editors do we have for my writers, who dont know html, so they can format their stories and add news on their own?

I will add more questions on my quest to master xoops.

Thanks for your help and replies,

Keith Smith
Editorial Director
www.ontheshelves.com

WarDick
  • 2005/2/9 0:30

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

This feature can be turned on in the admin panel of the news module. What module are you using for your news? The editor that we are using now will give the best results with inexperienced html users. The news module allows you to meet all of the request you have outlined above. If you are just starting you site start out with the news 1.3 beta on the dev site. If you are in production go with 1.2. If you have extended needs try AMS.

JasonMR
  • 2005/2/9 3:06

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Have you also unzipped/tarred the uploaded theme folders? Or did you just leave that step out in your description?

Login

Who's Online

125 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 125

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits