sscharf
Need different blocks on Top Page and Forum
  • 2005/2/8 19:36

• sscharf

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/1 1

Okay, I am running current XOOPS and NewBB 2.0x. My top page has Forum for its module. On that page, I have three blocks that show above the forum content (Who's online, coming events and a random photo). These three blocks are set to Visible only on the top page.

Minor question: how can I get those three blocks to show *below* the forum? Weighting does not seem to matter here.

Major question: How can I get those three blocks to *not show* when in the Forum. It seems like the top page should be different than the Forum page (when you click Forum on the Main Menu).

How can I handle this? I want to show a mix of content on the top page, and streamline my forum page.

Bonus Question: I have "lost" my Top Posters block. Does anybody know how to get it back?

Thanks!

steve

karedokx
Re: Need different blocks on Top Page and Forum
  • 2005/2/9 6:51

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

you need to change the theme template if you want to put the blocks below your page content. however by doing that, the blocks will always be shown below the content in all pages.

there is a stting in the blocks admin, where do we want to show the blocks are (probably at the moment you have set them to be shown in 'all pages'). use ctrl-click to select multiple items.

what do you mean my losing your top poster block? you should be able to make it visible again through the 'block admin' page (go to your admin page > system -> blocks).

btw, try to use this module: blockadmin, it's really great for managing your blocks and module access privilege.

Login

Who's Online

272 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 272

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits