rabideau
Mail problems and strangeness
  • 2005/2/7 20:30

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Hello helpful people.

I am having an odd set of problems with 2.0.9.2. I can't seem to get email to function (so my registration stuff is basically dead). I turned on php debug... got this message and a dead system (all logins etc wouldn't work). I finally got back in via MySQL. The error message I received just before my big crash is below.

Error [Xoops]: Smarty error: [plugin] function smarty_resource_db_source() not found in /home/processt/public_html/class/smarty/plugins/resource.db.php (core.load_resource_plugin.php, line 61) in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084

I tried turning on the other debuggers... no messages at all were created during emailing. I assume something is corrupt in /class/smarty/plugins...

What should I do?

Also is this problem truly the root of why I am unable to send or get registration emails?

Thanks, as always.

rabideau
Re: Mail problems and strangeness
  • 2005/2/7 20:53

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Ok so I am dumb...

The problem was that the class/mail file folder was corrupt. I reloaded the class/mail directory and voila!

Another XOOPS site is online!!!!

planthie
Re: Mail problems and strangeness
  • 2005/2/9 21:02

• planthie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/3

I was having a similar problem with classes. I used the phpmailer files from Sourceforge, and copied over the XOOPS installation.

When you look at the full headers sent to a mail box from both versions, they are very different:

phpmailer [version 1.65] (Xoops 2.09.2 installation)
PHPMailer [version 1.72] (PhpMailer from Sourceforge)

We are looking forward to launching http://www.maximumhummers.info
this weekend.

Login

Who's Online

558 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 558

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits