muirisgod
Shoutbox 3 Auto-refresh
  • 2005/2/7 13:20

• muirisgod

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/13

Can anyone tell me of a way to make Shoutbox 3 auto-refresh on its own and constantly? At the moment users can tick the auto-refresh every x seconds box but if you navigate away from that page and come back it unticks it. I'd like this feature to beglobally enabled by default. Don't worry, the server it is on is my own so noone is gonna complain about me using lots of CPU!
Any help greatly appreciated.
Ooh, Also, how do you get rid if the Erase button at the bottom for non admins?
Cheers
Si.

Jan304
Re: Shoutbox 3 Auto-refresh
  • 2005/2/7 14:01

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

Add to the code of the checkbox (in shoutbox_block.html):
checked="checked" so it look likes this:
<input id="shoutrefresh" type="checkbox" name="shoutrefresh" value="checkbox" onchange="parent.shoutFrame.location.reload();" checked="checked">

And non-admins shouldn't see the erase button.

muirisgod
  • 2005/2/8 10:20

• muirisgod

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/13

Thanks for replying mate - inserted code as described and it didn't appear to make any difference. Updated everything etc. Also people in my Registered Users group can still see the erase button.
URL for site ishttp://www.tranmeremail.org.uk. If you get a sec and wouldn't mind taking a look the log on is 'cable' and the password 'tranmere' (this is a bog standard user so you'll see what I mean).
Cheers in advance
Si.

brian_damage

To auto enable the checkbox use checked="true" in templates/blocks/shoutbox_block.html.

It is at line 40 in my file, change it to read .....
input id="shoutrefresh" type="checkbox" name="shoutrefresh" value="checkbox" onchange="parent.shoutFrame.location.reload();" checked="true"

Works for me.

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits