mclindy
using fsockopen
  • 2005/2/5 3:30

• mclindy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/23

Hey, gang.

I am trying to use xhld 2.51 and keep getting the "failed" message. I had the same message when I was using the standard headline module. I uninstalled the headlines module before I installed xhld. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling xhld but I still get the "failed" message. I have read the posts about the "failed" attempts to write RSS info to the database. Most help refers to fsockopen.

I'd love to look into fsockopen, but I don't know where to find it. I'm running my own SuSE 9.2 server with xampp's lampp. I have done a file search of my entire system for any file containing the text *fsock* and come up with nothing. A Google search made reference to a file called php.ini. I searched that file and found no reference to fsockopen.

Please shed some light on how I might enable (or disable, for that matter) this feature. I can find several references to the string and it's proper syntax, but I haven't seen anything that actually tells me where to use it.

I'm new to Linux and I hope my question isn't too painfully obvious.

Thanks for your time.

jdseymour
Re: using fsockopen

fsockopen is a setting in PHP.ini.

mclindy
  • 2005/2/5 18:14

• mclindy

• Just popping in

Can you give me a hint as to how and/or where the command should appear in php.ini? Again, I have already looked at the file and I can't find fsock (or variations such as fsockopen) anywhere.

Thanks for the fast response (!!!) and thanks again for your time.

mclindy
  • 2005/2/5 19:29

• mclindy

• Just popping in

Okay, I've been reading around and finally got a page to show me phpinfo(). However, I still don't see anything about fsockopen().

I see towards the bottom of the page that socket support is enabled. This sounds like it might be similar but somehow I don't think I'm that lucky.

Thanks again.

jdseymour

This is taken from the protector module. I believe it is what you are asking:

allow_url_fopen' : on Not secure
This setting allows attackers to execute arbitrary scripts on remote servers.
Only administrator can change this option.
If you are an admin, edit php.ini or httpd.conf.
Sample of httpd.conf:
php_admin_flag allow_url_fopen off
Else, claim it to your administrators.

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits