twitaman
How Do I Copy Content in Xoops Link Module to another Xoops Site?
  • 2005/2/3 22:27

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

Here's the problem. I have two XOOPS sites on two different servers. They both are using the XOOPS links module except one site is already filled out with about 50 links while the other has nothing.

I would like to copy the XOOPS Link module from one website to the other since they will share the same links in their library.

How do I do this quickly and efficiently? I gather I should back up the database or something then copy it to the other site through phpmyadmin? Or is this totally wrong. And if I'm on the right track, how exactly do I do this?

Or will I have to type everything in manually again -- I hope this isn't the case.

brash
Re: How Do I Copy Content in Xoops Link Module to another Xoops Site?
  • 2005/2/3 22:34

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Easiest thing (without knowing SQL syntax to create a single query to do it all in one hit) would be to use phpmyadmin export your mylinks tables from the DB with the links in it and then simply import that SQL file to the DB with no links in it.

twitaman
Re: How Do I Copy Content in Xoops Link Module to another Xoops Site?
  • 2005/2/4 1:04

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

Thanks, it worked. But strangely, I did get an error even though when I checked the module everything seemed to have imported fine. Here's the error I got:
Quote:

Error

SQL-query :

* -

MySQL said:

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '--' at line 1

Here's what I did. I exported the tables like you said. I did not compress files.
1) I chose all the necesarry mylinks tables
2)I chose SQL in the selection box on export.
3)Export type I left at "Insert"
I also left everything at the default.

Then on the site I was importing to here's what I did.
1) Installed empty module
2) In phpmyadmin I dropped the tables associated with that module.
3) On the SQL tab I chose the uncompressed files from my desktop and clicked "Go."

Then I got the error. But like I said when I checked the site everything was there fine. Not sure if I should be concerned about that because it seems to have worked.

Login

Who's Online

114 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 114

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits