marijun
Agenda-X 2.2 hack - willing to pay or barter!
  • 2005/2/1 10:04

• marijun

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/4 1

poo. i was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but i have 2 clients who are in DIRE need of a non-buggy calendar. i've tried all the calendars in the XOOPS module repository and none do exactly what i need them to do. agenda-x is the closest, but i can't get over its bugs.

on one of my client's sites, we've been using calendarscript for a long time. (its a very nice perl-based calendar,http://www.calendarscript.com ) unfortunately, being perl-based, i can't integrate it into XOOPS properly.

so here's the deal...i need someone who can do the following:

- fix the apostrophe and quote bug
- fix the date format (i need american date format) so it works in the calendar itself, as well as in the minical and in the date selector. pulling the value from the XOOPS settings would be ideal.
- add the following fields to the "add event" page - time (12 hour format), cover charge, and genre. you could just rename the contact, email, and url fields, as i was planning on nixing them anyway. and, of course, those values would need to show up on the event pages.
- make it so the event's details are all displayed on the day/week/month views instead of just on the event detail page (if that makes sense)

in short, i need agenda-x to efficiently produce a calendar that looks like so -http://www.cowboy-monkey.com/

and, in return, here's what i could do for you!

- pay up to $100 USD via paypal for your time (negotiable)
or
- i have a hosting reseller account, and i could give you a 100mb hosting plan free for a year (also negotiable)
or
- last but not least...i offer my design skills. i have about 10 years of experience. i will design a site for you, or redesign your current site. (also negotiable)

the latter of the 3 are probably worth more in the long run. i'd offer more money if i could, but i'm not being paid very handsomely for the two sites that the script will be on.

i need this done ASAP, basically. by the end of the week if at all possible.

i'd do it myself, but i'm a php newbie and it would probably take me a month to figure it all out! my skills lie in design, not programming.

so uh, who's good for it?

thebigkk
Re: Agenda-X 2.2 hack - willing to pay or barter!
  • 2005/2/1 10:34

• thebigkk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/27

Quote:

marijun wrote:
so here's the deal...i need someone who can do the following:

- fix the date format (i need american date format) so it works in the calendar itself, as well as in the minical and in the date selector. pulling the value from the XOOPS settings would be ideal.

so uh, who's good for it?

That's exactly what I'm looking for too. And it is frustrating when you don't have the skills to complete the task yourself.

Have you emailed Wjue? I have posted a cpl of topics on his site, but no replies at this stage.

Good luck........

marijun
  • 2005/2/1 10:51

• marijun

• Just popping in

no, i haven't. he doesn't seem to be responsive to peoples' questions, so i didn't even bother.

its a shame, he makes such nice modules, but in the end they are buggy.

if someone takes up my offer, hopefully i'll be able to share the code with anyone who needs it. i'm sure tons of people would be happy to at least be able to use apostrophes and quotes in their titles!

marijun
  • 2005/2/3 9:01

• marijun

• Just popping in

*bump*

please?

marijun
  • 2005/2/3 18:56

• marijun

• Just popping in

ok, well i've managed to fix all these problems myself except for the apostrophe/quote one. i'm completely baffled by that one.

twitaman
  • 2005/2/3 19:00

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

Quote:

marijun wrote:

This might help -- check out this posthttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=31123&forum=27&post_id=135917

DonXoop

Glad that the problems are fixed. I added a comment to that other thread about .htaccess.

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc 0

This will fix the apostrophe problem. So, can we see your other changes or maybe bundle the module for others to benefit? I too have switched back and forth trying to get what I needed.

marijun
  • 2005/2/3 20:02

• marijun

• Just popping in

thanks guys, i'll give that a try!

i'm still working on some stuff, but once its done i'll share the code changes with the public.

i do a lot of web sites for bands and bars, so a good calendar module is essential as far as i'm concerned. they probably make up 90% of my client base!

marijun
  • 2005/2/3 20:17

• marijun

• Just popping in

yikes, when i use the suggested htaccess, i get a big fat internal server error

marijun
  • 2005/2/3 20:50

• marijun

• Just popping in

wait, wait...still a good suggestion :) the .htaccess method just didn't work with my server configuration. had to go with the php.ini method!

for anyone else who has this problem with yr modules, and using .htaccess files returns an internal server error...do this:

open up notepad and paste this into a blank document:

magic_quotes_gpc no

save it in yr agenda-x folder as php.ini and upload it into the module folders you are experiencing trouble with.

voila!

Login

Who's Online

135 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 135

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits