javelin
Redirect to News
  • 2005/1/28 17:39

• javelin

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/3/11

I would like the News module to be the default home page for my registered members.
However I don't want Anonymous users to have access or see comments attributed to the news articles.

Is there a way of doing this?

Maybe having the default home page set to None and adding a redirect script to the login process that takes the registered user direct to the News module.

Can this be done?

javelin
Re: Redirect to News
  • 2005/1/31 19:53

• javelin

• Not too shy to talk

If a redirect can't be done it would be nice for someone to say so.

Burnzy
  • 2005/1/31 20:00

• Burnzy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/23

go to ur blocks page in admin panel, then edit ur news block and make it On Top.

Then go to admin panel, groups, and modify anonymous group and make it so they cant see. All ic an do.

javelin
  • 2005/2/1 1:38

• javelin

• Not too shy to talk

I think I must be being a bit dim,

I have News topics, big story, top news and recent news which you would use elsewhere on the site to steer visitors to the News module but I can't see a "News Block"

If I make the News module invisible to Anonymous any visitor gets a Sorry dont have permission etc etc and get taken to the login page.
I'd like anonymous to see a couple of custom blocks saying hi welcome and all that, then when they have logged in these custom blocks then go (click them off in goups for registered members) and the visitor will then see the News module in all its glory.

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits