karedokx
i could not access xoops.org!!!
  • 2005/1/31 11:27

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

it's very strange, i can not access the xoops.org anymore, it gives me a blank screen.

i suspect it must be caused by the protector module XOOPS has installed? [Groups disallowed IP moving in a session
setting? or my ip has been blocked?]

i have a very unique access (to the internet), as i'm working for an american company, i sometimes use my united state internet access through my usa proxy server (this is where i experience the problem!), sometimes i use the indonesian one where i work at the moment (it works fine).

please please help. thanks.

Mithrandir
Re: i could not access xoops.org!!!

I also found myself locked out from my workplace due to me and my co-worker both accessing the site at the same time.

I have removed the ban for a number of recent IP's and increased the limits for page access

karedokx
Re: i could not access xoops.org!!!
  • 2005/1/31 11:52

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

i still got the blank screen, mith. please help.

i thought that the XOOPS website was down for 2 days.. feel as if something is missing in my life

karedokx
Re: i could not access xoops.org!!! [SOLVED]
  • 2005/1/31 12:54

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

i'm now able to access xoops.org again. thanks!

DonXoop

I think we need to have people help translate the Protector docs much more detailed. I had the same problem on my site last night after inviting the users to a special event. I had lots of users online, the site ran great except people were getting bumped off by the Protector. Had to turn it off until I could change some settings which no doubt lowers the effectiveness against real crackers. Many users are running through proxies or common IPs of their corporate firewalls.

karedokx
  • 2005/1/31 14:27

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

i do agree with you donxoop. there is a setting: Specific patches against XOOPS <= 2.0.9.2, i don't know what it means too (and what affect it will produce).

the other thing i faced, not really sure whether it is caused by the protector or not, is that now my 'remember me' feature (i'm using the koudanshi x-phpbb which come with the remember me hack) is now not working (i look at the produced cookies, for some reason it can not generate the xoops_uid & soops_pass it used to generate). can you help? now all my users including myself can not have this feature functional anymore. (appreciate if someone can help me on this issue too).

twitaman
  • 2005/1/31 15:04

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

I too could not access the Xoops.org site yesterday. It happened in the morning (PST). I was on the site just fine -- and I suddenly went to a page and it was blank! I hit my back button and went back to the page I was on and the screen was still there but all the links returned blank pages.

Once it's figured out what went wrong yesterday, I think a CLIEAR explanation of what happened should be posted on the Front Page! In big letters!

karedokx
  • 2005/2/2 10:31

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

just want to clarify that the remember me issue i faced a few days ago is not caused by the protector module, but due to i edit the mainfile.php as described below: trailing cr.

irmtfan
  • 2005/2/2 10:59

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

i have some complaints from my users about blank pages after upgrade protector module to 2.3+
there is a additional line in mainfile.php that cause the problem:
include( XOOPS_ROOT_PATH '/modules/protector/include/postcheck.inc.php' );

finally i remove it and problem solve.
i dont know what is this line and why cause blank pages

Login

Who's Online

439 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 439

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits