DonXoop
newbb1 no smilies unless anon

Here's a strange one. All of a sudden my newbb1 site refuses to show smiles in the posts while you're logged in. Logout and the same messages show smilies. I see the bbcode but not the graphics while logged in. Even for admin. other modules like news are fine.

ronhab
Re: newbb1 no smilies unless anon
  • 2005/1/30 23:06

• ronhab

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/27

Quote:

DonXoop wrote:
Here's a strange one. All of a sudden my newbb1 site refuses to show smiles in the posts while you're logged in. Logout and the same messages show smilies. I see the bbcode but not the graphics while logged in. Even for admin. other modules like news are fine.

I see your smileys when logged in.

Browser/cache issue?

DonXoop

What site? I mean one of my sites with newbb1.

It isn't just me but random messages for everyone. The code goes in and is saved but only shows the smilie when not logged in. very strange.

ronhab
  • 2005/1/31 7:12

• ronhab

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/27

Quote:

DonXoop wrote:
What site? I mean one of my sites with newbb1.

It isn't just me but random messages for everyone. The code goes in and is saved but only shows the smilie when not logged in. very strange.

Well, I registered at the site in your profile since that info was absent in the original post.

Turn on PHP debug and see if there are any errors? Any new modules installed or any other changes made recently? Run repair table on the database? go to smileys admin and see if all looks ok? Or try resubmitting there and repopulate the db?

DonXoop

Sorry, it isn't that site. Thanks for taking the time to sign up. :)

It is another site that is still on newbb1, spda-online.ca

The database is fine and everything is functioning except for smilies. They show if you are not logged but then only show the bbcode if logged in. Not a biggie except the users keep asking why.

DonXoop

Bumping this up since I still haven't found the problem.

Two nights ago I moved my site to another server and made the original a test site. The problem followed me to the new site. I upgraded newbb1 to newbb2 on the test site and surprise, I still have this problem.

It seems to only afflict the forums. Smilies anywhere else like comments, news, etc. are fine. But in newbb1 & newbb2 the smilies don't show if you are logged in but are fine if not logged in. I'm not sure where to look. Obviously the file permissions are correct.

Any hints where to start looking?

RealyRoten
  • 2005/8/21 13:05

• RealyRoten

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/18

Same problem.
XOOPS 2.0.10
NewBB 2.0 Version2.02
Right i recently upgraded the forum to the above version.
Everything works great (bit slow on page load mind)but the smiles will not display in the forum for certain groups.
I have these groups=

Site Admin Smile no show
Registered Smile Show
Wombat Smile show
[FPS]Admin Team Smile no show
[FPS]Member Smile no show
[FPS] Guest Smile no show
Now the smile will show the code but not the gifs for the above groups. The shout box gifs show for all accounts.
Ive search high and low here for days and not come up with the answer.
Any ideas were I'm going wrong here?

www.fps.intelzone.co.uk
change my email address please to pattang2008@hotmail.com so i can get update notifications...

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits