cxjon
new to xoops
  • 2005/1/28 15:42

• cxjon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/28

this is my 1St time making a website so i dont know how to do everything yet. My problem is i could get the xoopsgallery to work, everytime i was up loading a pic it said there was an error with the thumbnail. i since removed the module and want to know what module would work for what i want. What i want is limited access only a certian group can load pics and view the gallery. I also need something so i can load video's so people can dl them. any ideas would be great.

my site if you want to check it out. i just started and am working on it. www.fivezeroseven.com

RachelVirago
Re: new to xoops

Thats a nice clean layout you have there.

Am pretty new here myself and have been struggling with XOOPS gallery myself. To get the functionality you want for groups it seems it would needs some fairly involved hacks. Despite my parner being quite acomplished in PHP/Mysql we felt it might be too much work.

She suggested Xcgal and I set this up 3 days ago, after a couple of days playing around with it I am very pleased.

The great thing about it is that it synchs with your XOOPS user groups and is very configurable.

Only bad thing I heard is that it can be quite demanding on your host so it pays to keep the file sizes etc down to minimise server side processing

Goood luck with your site I will defintely be keeping an eye on it.

rgds

cxjon
  • 2005/1/28 18:34

• cxjon

• Just popping in

thanks for the comments.

i dont know anything about making a website, i am pleased with XOOPS so far. I guess i will try that Xcgal. can i ask you questions if i need help?

cxjon
  • 2005/1/28 19:27

• cxjon

• Just popping in

i cant seem to get that xcgallery to work .... i have dl'd it and extract it but it dont seem right.... waht am i dong wrong

RachelVirago

Hang in there it's just like any other module.

first thing did it install OK

I.E. can you see it in module admin/control panel?
If not then the package you downloaded may have unzipped into sub folders.

You should have up loaded just a folder called xcgal to modules and inside it should be xoops_version.php

If you got that far and activated the module you have to check a few things in preferences.

check the above and get back to me

cxjon
  • 2005/1/29 18:13

• cxjon

• Just popping in

i got xcgallery up loaded i cant seem to find where or how to load pics

pfaulkne
xcGallery
  • 2005/2/1 2:36

• pfaulkne

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/14

To make xcGallery work (from the readme)

Requirements:
- working XOOPS 2.0.x installation (with php/mysql)
- For image resizing you can use GD(without gif support), ImageMagik or Netpbm(still experimental)

Installation:
For installation put the xcgal directory into your XOOPS module dir. Set albums and its including userpics dir read and write able. Go to XOOPS admin panel and install xcGallery with the XOOPS module installation. If you have done this successfully, go to the xcgallery preferences and make your settings. Now, it's important that you go to the xcGallery group manager for creating the default groups.
Afterwards, you can create your first category with the categories manager. For pic uploading you need also to create at least on album, you can do this on the user side.

The second requirement is a must if you want thumbnails to work. i.e. your orginal problem.

Make sure the module load correctly. Then go into the admin of the module and complete the above. Without a category you can basically do nothing. Remember, categories are not albums.
Pictures are in albums, albums are grouped into categories.

ie.
Category: Family Photos
Album: 2005 02 01 Day at the Beach
Pictures: lots of them....

Hope this helps

Login

Who's Online

256 user(s) are online (178 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 256

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits