rob777
WF-Sections questions
  • 2005/1/26 4:25

• rob777

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/21

Hi All,

I have been playing with XOOPS for 7 days now. I think I have begun to figure things out and I think I have found the modules I need.

I plan to have hundreds of articles and need a module to handle it. I tryed like 9 different ones and the only ones that fit what I was looking for was WF-Sections 1.0.1 and Articles 0.17. I decided on WF, but it was close.

Now I need some help tweaking it slightly. I have found some answers and fixed somethings, but still need help on other things.
1. How to get rid of the "WF-Sections" , "This is a test header 2" , and "This is a test footer" on the index? (where my category list is) I want to add an intro there instead, somethinglike "Hi welcome....please enjoy...yadda yadda yadda."

On the admin side, you can only change the head info for each category. but not the index page. Everything looks fine once you click into one of the categories.

I checked the modules/wf-sections/index.php file and I don't know php very well so I couldn't find a spot to change this in there. Any suggestions?

2. How can I turn off the sub-menu options of "Submit", "Rated", and "Popular" that show in the main menu (they only display when you are in the WF-Section, but I still would like to get rid of them)? I looked in the blocks admin, and everything is set to "no".

Everything else is pretty self explanitory, for now. So I guess that it for WF questions...for now.

thanks,
Rob

Tovenaar
Re: WF-Sections questions
  • 2005/1/26 6:17

• Tovenaar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/6 8

what version of wf-sections are you using? 1.01? You should opt for 2.01
most of the things you are trying to grasp from 1) are controlled from the admin interface.

2) not sure.

rob777
Re: WF-Sections questions
  • 2005/1/26 16:36

• rob777

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/21

Thanks for the help. Yes the version was 1.01. I couldn't find 2.01, the only one I could find 2.07 beta.

Anyway, in case anyone else is looking for the same answers to the question I asked, here is what I found.

1. To get rid of the example text on the index page you have to use the floating admin menu for wf-sections (the one that comes up when you hover the mouse over the image block) and click on "index page management". If you just click on the wf-sections image block in your admin side, the index page option is not displayed on the list of admin features.

2. To get rid of the sub menu options (submit, popular, and rated) displayed in the main menu you have to go to the module/wf-section/xoops_version.php file and about 80 or so lines down you will see

// Menu
$modversion['hasMain'] = 1;
$modversion['sub'][1]['name'] = _MI_WFS_SUBMIT;
$modversion['sub'][1]['url'] = "submit.php";
$modversion['sub'][2]['name'] = _MI_WFS_POPULAR;
$modversion['sub'][2]['url'] = "topten.php?counter=1";
$modversion['sub'][3]['name'] = _MI_WFS_RATEFILE;
$modversion['sub'][3]['url'] = "topten.php?rate=1";

just add // to comment them out. like this

// Menu
$modversion['hasMain'] = 1;
//$modversion['sub'][1]['name'] = _MI_WFS_SUBMIT;
//$modversion['sub'][1]['url'] = "submit.php";
//$modversion['sub'][2]['name'] = _MI_WFS_POPULAR;
//$modversion['sub'][2]['url'] = "topten.php?counter=1";
//$modversion['sub'][3]['name'] = _MI_WFS_RATEFILE;
//$modversion['sub'][3]['url'] = "topten.php?rate=1";
I found this info in this post

I wanted to keep the submit, popular, and rated options but not in the main menu, so I put the links in the index page footer, that I found in answer #1 above. So now under my list of categories there is this.
"Submit an Article | View most Popular | Sort by Rating"

Worked perfect.

Later,
Rob

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits