kavaXtreme
Really custom blocks
  • 2005/1/26 10:09

• kavaXtreme

• Repository Maintainer

• Since: 2005/1/17

Could someone point me to a tutorial (or other documentation, or just answer here) for the custom block creator that would show me how to use PHP with it. I know HTML, and am pretty comfortable with CSS, but PHP is totally new to me. Among the blocks I'd like to be able to create are ones to: display a single forum, display the contents of a single weblinks category, and display the title and a teaser of all the articles in a single category.

Appreciate it...

jdseymour
Re: Really custom blocks

Not exactly sure as I am not a PHP coder, but although short, this Faq Page may get you started in the right direction.

kavaXtreme
Re: Really custom blocks
  • 2005/1/26 12:36

• kavaXtreme

• Repository Maintainer

• Since: 2005/1/17

I was at your site just before you posted hoping to find a tutorial on my question. When I didn't find one I started trying to figure out how to ask you to make one. No need to look far, eh? So, maybe in the future... ?

I commented on the FAQ you mentioned above. I already understood what it said, I just don't know how to put it to use. PHP, dadabase queries, Smarty tags... it's all very fuzzy to me. It doesn't put me any closer to doing what I mentioned in my first post.

Thanks for pointing it out though...

Login

Who's Online

83 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 83

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits