Derrico
Help Please!!!
  • 2005/1/20 20:19

• Derrico

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/20

So I just bought my 1st website ever and I was experminting with all this stuff where it let you download things like XOOPS to your site and php nuke and stuff and I was experimenting with things I like best cause it lets you remove it...

But when I installed XOOPS and I tryed to remove to try another one it says prepare XOOPS for Removal, then it says
Operation completed. Close this window and proceed with removal. Then I click Remove XOOPS and nothing happens it doesnt get removed...

How can i remove it?

Bender
Re: Help Please!!!
  • 2005/1/20 20:28

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

What did you use to install it? I guess you were using some kind of control panel like Fantastico from your webspace?

If it fails to uninstall it ... well can´t help there.

For a manual uninstall:

1. Use phpMyAdmin to access your MySQL database
2. check all tables that start with xoops_ and then at the bottom select "Drop table" from the select box
3. Use an ftp programm to connect to your webspace and just delete all files in the XOOPS directory. (hard to tell how it is named by your install tool. However when you enter the directory and see subdirs like (cache, class, images, include, kernel, language, modules, templates_c ...) you are in the right place.

Finally why would you want to uninstall xoops?

Derrico
  • 2005/1/20 20:31

• Derrico

• Just popping in

I used fantastico...I like it but the problem is when ppl come to my site if ur not logged in or registered its just a blank page try going to http://www.derrico.fu8 when u go u have to be logged in to see ANYthing

can u change that? if so lemme know =)

Derrico
  • 2005/1/20 20:43

• Derrico

• Just popping in

I did 1 and 2 how do I do the third part?

Bender
  • 2005/1/21 16:20

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

1st: yes you can change that blank page thing.
2nd: your website adress is most likely incorrect

I never used fantastico so i can´t give you details.

Basicly your provider should have given you ftp details for your site. A username and a password.

Now you need to install an ftp program (kinda like a file explorer just for remote sites) and enter your data in there. Then connect to your site using ftp.derrico.fu8 which won´t work because as i said earlier something in that adress is wrong (whats that fu8 part???)

However the bottomline is you need knowledge about web basics. You should go and read some faq´s for html, faq, fantastico and other stuff i think.

You are most welcome to use XOOPS and ask questions in this community but if you do ... same here ... read through the beginners stuff. See http://docs.xoops.org

Login

Who's Online

333 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 333

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits