pompey
WYSIWYG SPAW editor default instalation
  • 2005/1/20 15:42

• pompey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/16

Just a quick mention that the SPAW WYSIWYG editor 1.1Beta release is now available on their website.
I have tested it using the iContent module and voila, you can get HTML editing in Mozilla based browsers.
Now XOOPS can live up to their "Get FireFox" badge :)

However, I have noticed that many modules include their own version of SPAW rather than just having one system wide instalation and configuration. (iContent being an example of this category)

Others, (Such as WF-channel) ask if you want to use SPAW "if it is installed".

So is there a specific default place and configuration for puting SPAW so that it will work with all (or many ) modules, and correctly handle the links and image call-back functions ?

Thanks

pompey
Re: WYSIWYG SPAW editor default instalation
  • 2005/1/20 17:08

• pompey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/16

Ahhhhhhh
Just realized that SPAW is also available as a XOOPS module from those friendly people at the wf-projects.com

This explains why their modules (Well WF-Channel at least) will let you use SPAW "if installed". In their documentation it even mentions that you have to install it seperately, they just don't mention that it is available in module format on their download section: here
to be precise.

OK that sorted, I will now continue in my quest to get XOOPS to use SPAW 1.1Beta (for mozilla) which is where all this started anyway.

I'll post my results to this thread.

Bender
Re: WYSIWYG SPAW editor default instalation
  • 2005/1/20 18:18

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Be aware that the XOOPS module version of Spaw for download on our site is for IE Users only. It´s becoming quite old now.

We will go for the XOOPS editor Framework in the future to allow support for different editors. (FCKEditor, Koivi, HTMLArea, Spaw)

Login

Who's Online

304 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 304

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits