zolton
Posting comments???
  • 2005/1/20 2:33

• zolton

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/31

Dont know if any of you are having the same problem in the news section. When there are comments made and you go view the news article the comments do not show up.. only when you hit the refresh. Is there anyway to have it show up right away?

jdseymour
Re: Posting comments???

I get notifications of new comments to certain articles on my site, so in short, no I do not have this problem.

Now if you are viewing an article and someone post a comment while you are viewing, it will not show on your screen until you make another server request (refresh or switch page).

The reason for this is when viewing a webpage you do not have a persistent connection to the server. Your browser requests the page, downloads the file of the page. So you are viewing the file as it was at the time of the request on your local computer (a file in your temporary internet files folder).

When you refresh your browser requests and downloads the updated file (with additional comments) from the server, then again disconnects from the server for your local viewing.

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits