dvestal
Something similiar to a Wiki?
  • 2005/1/11 18:31

• dvestal

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/11

I am considering moving from another "cms engine" to xoops. And I am needing something like a wiki. I have tried the wikimod and wiwimod from the module repository and I haven't been that pleased with either. The only other option that I can see is to create a module for each page that I need. This might be desirable as it would make it possible for me to have each page completely different and not just a wiki. I would like to know of other options available, if there are any.

pdajunkee
Re: Something similiar to a Wiki?
  • 2005/1/11 20:00

• pdajunkee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/3 2

I've tried Wiwi and PHPWiki and am really happy with PHPWiki. Mostly because of it's simplicity.

It can be downloaded from BlueTopia at
http://bluetopia.homeip.net/modules/mydownloads/

Xoops uses it here on their dev site at
http://dev.xoops.org/modules/phpwiki/

Other options you may want to explore are AMS, WF-Sections and SmartSection. You should find all of these within the Module section here on xoops.org.

Mithrandir

If you are going to write all the content yourself (or in a small group) then XOOPS has a range of modules in the News Publishing and Content Management categories in the Module Repository.

Which one will suit your needs depends on how you want to categorize and display the content.

Xavier
  • 2005/1/19 22:17

• Xavier

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/12

Could you express what feature you need that isn't met with the products you've tested ?

Xavier

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits