dx6angel
Site Migration Problems
  • 2005/1/19 8:05

• dx6angel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/30

I have a question that has bothered me for a while.
I do all of my development on my localhost and once the site is up and running migrate it to the web hosting server.
It is a simple case of FTP all the files up, change the details on the mainfile.php file to correspond to the web hosting servers details and then do a dump of my local database into the web hosting's MySQL server.

The site wil then work, only small details will not be the same. For example, I changed the look of the left, right and center blocks so that they do not have a title or a border. On the one server it is just how I specified it and on the other not.
On the uploaded server the admin menu is only showing three modules (although they are all installed and working just file) and when I redo the ftp of the system files, nothing changes.
I made a change on the localhost's theme.html file and uploaded it, but it never made the change on the web's site.

This has flumuxed me because if the information on both databases is EXACTLY THE SAME and the php and css and html files are EXACTLY THE SAME on both servers, why oh why, do they not look the same?

dx6angel
Re: Site Migration Problems
  • 2005/1/19 8:15

• dx6angel

• Just popping in

Well, I have just discovered the answer to my own question!

All that was necessary was to Go to Administration > System Admin > Preferences > General Settings and Set "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" to YES.

dx6angel
  • 2005/1/19 8:18

• dx6angel

• Just popping in

I still however have the problem with the admin menu not displaying correctly.

A shove in the right direction would be appreciated!

dx6angel
  • 2005/1/19 8:22

• dx6angel

• Just popping in

LOL!!!!!

Guess what?!!

I changed the Administration > System Admin > Preferences > General Settings and Set "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" to YES and it fixed my admin menu.

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits