dpbrown777
Point me to XOOPS codes documentation
  • 2005/1/15 22:45

• dpbrown777

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/2

I've searched the Official site, xoops.org; I've searched the Docs website, docs.xoops.org. I've looked through many of the webmaster related docs, and the FAQ.

From the admin interface, I've learned a couple of XOOPS codes like {X_SITEURL}. I also know how to disable XOOPS codes in various articles and news postings.

Will someone please point me to where I can see a comprehensive list of XOOPS codes? And, of course, the definition for each?

Sincerely,
Don B.

brash
Re: Point me to XOOPS codes documentation
  • 2005/1/15 23:05

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

These codes you talk of are Smarty tags, and there is no complete list of them anywhere I know of as they are different for each module. There may well be a doc for the tags included in the core, in fact I have some nagging feeling in the back of my brain that I may have even read it somewhere (might've been a forum post). However, if you want to know what tags are avaialble, go into you site prefences and turn on Smarty debug and you be given a window with all the Smarty tags and their values.

carnuke
  • 2005/1/15 23:46

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Brash, the 'smarty debug report' was the post I was thinking of as well. Me thinks this is the best way to view the tags that are module relevant.

rowdie
  • 2005/1/16 1:01

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

A list of global Smarty tags can be found here. These tags are to be used in templates and themes, they won't work (as far as I know) in the text editors when you post something.

Apart from the global tags there are also module specific tags. The best way to see which tags are available is as said above, by activating the Smarty debug and seeing a list of available tags for each page.

The codes you found in the admin section are specific to the mail module - I don't think they work as global tags, though I could be wrong. There are only 5 that I can find;

{X_UNAME} user name
{X_UID} user id
{X_UEMAIL} user email
{X_UNAME} user name
{X_UACTLINK} url link to activation key for given user

Hope this is the information you're looking for.

Rowd

dpbrown777
  • 2005/1/16 13:02

• dpbrown777

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/2

Thanks everyone. I guess the scope of certain variables are module specific, and the scope of others may be global.

It also seems that some have the curly brackets, e.g. Quote:
{X_UNAME} user name
and some have square brackets, e.g. Quote:
[pagebreak].
I haven't found any other square bracket variables, yet.

In any case, thanks for the help.

Sincerely,
Don B.
{X_UEMAIL}

sith-
  • 2005/1/17 21:48

• sith-

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/17

Hi!
Is there any way to show {X_SITEURL} variable in news, forums... as root domain (http://x.x.x/)? I know, in block area is this possible, but when I want to use {X_SITEURL} in my comment, forum, .. it always print this variable, not url. Maybe is there some patch or something, dont know..

Thanks a lot

pdaddict
  • 2005/1/17 22:16

• pdaddict

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/6 1

how about [ siteurl=/path/to/file.ext] text [ /siteurl] ??

sith-
  • 2005/1/18 18:04

• sith-

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/17

Damn, it works . Thanks

But what to do if I want to use relative link to show image? (not url, but [ img][/ img])

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits